NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Information on Jonas Johnson, born 1833 in Jonkoping vastra

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Information on Jonas Johnson, born 1833 in Jonkoping vastra
Skrivet av: Carol Kemp skrivet 2017-06-13, 00:29
Klas:

I remembered that I used to be able to get online and look at Jonkoping parishes.  I am attaching one that I downloaded in 2010 for my grandmother.  Would this be similar to what I would get with the CD?  I'm assuming that you can no longer get this information for free.  But it would be helpful if this information were in the same format as you can read it. 

I have found that I can find some of the church records by going to other people's family trees and looking at their church records, which I can copy to my family tree.  However some of the handwriting is very hard to decipher.

Also, are any records kept on immigrants to the United States and would they be updated even after people have left Sweden.  My great-grandfather on my mother's father's side came here in 1893.  I can find no record of his death anywhere, and I have looked every place I can think of.

Have you ever been to the United States?  Iowa and South Dakota are fine states but not as beautiful as Washington state, where we live.

Carol