ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Need help translating small parts of an estate inventory please  (läst 1095 gånger)

2017-08-02, 23:16
läst 1095 gånger

Utloggad Linda Johnson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 40
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-26, 18:38
    • Visa profil
Could someone please translate the parts of the attached page that I’ve outlined in two red boxes? I can translate enough to know that the first box describes the appointment of guardians and the presentation of the inventory, but I don’t understand all of the details.

I know that the second box lists the real estate of the deceased, but I don’t understand it completely. I’d appreciate it very much if someone could guess what the missing words or letters are (where the page is torn along the left edge) and if someone could also explain the fractions after the place names. Do they mean that the deceased owned a partial interest in each farm?

Thank you very much to anyone who can help me with these questions.

Best wishes,
Linda Johnson

2017-08-04, 12:50
Svar #1

Utloggad Göran Ignell

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 177
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-06-26, 17:52
    • Visa profil
Linda, this is the best I can do

Box 1
Daughter Gustafva Josefina 1833 unmarried. Since the oldest son is deaf all children  were declared under age and their rights therefore  were guarded by their nearest relative on the mother's side the member of Parliament Johannes Petterson i Knätte?. As guardian together with the father was the yeoman Sven Håkansson i Store Rydet appointed.
The widower was asked to declare the inventory as it was found at the deceased’s death hour and it  was told in the following order.

Box 2
Skattehemmanet Rassbo ½ mtl   1400
Skattehemmet Ödegärdet ¼ mtl   1200
both according to ratable values.

Skattehemman = self owned estate
mtl= mantal = tax assessment unit

2017-08-04, 19:07
Svar #2

Utloggad Linda Johnson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 40
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-26, 18:38
    • Visa profil
Göran, thank you very much for the translation. The details you added to what I was able to read will help me focus my research in the right direction.

Best wishes,
Linda Johnson

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna