ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Olson, Charles William b1925 WI. Dead 1985 CA  (läst 797 gånger)

2012-12-15, 12:57
läst 797 gånger

Utloggad Roger Eriksson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 302
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-05, 16:02
    • Visa profil
Hi!

With a LOT of help I've found information about my father's uncle's son Charles William Olson born in 27th of December 1925 in WI, d. 22nd of February 1985 in CA. Now I've got an unknown photo from Chicago - taken of Peter Schneider, photographer, 2222 State, Chicago - that might be William, but I'm not sure. This is no more than an assumption as it was found along with a photo of C.W. father Charles taken in WI 1910-1920 (wild guess based on estimated age of the father).
During 1943-1945 C.W. was drafted to US Marine Corps. I've tried to figure out how to access/get information and a photo during these two years in WW2. So far I've looked into http://www.archives.gov/veterans/ but if I understand this correct - they can only provide information if it's more than 62 years since he left the Navy/Military - which it is, but it seems like you have to be a close (family) relative to be able to recieve it.
Any one that have a tip how to get information/photo from his military years? Or in another way be able verify the unknown photo?

According to the photo the person seems to be about 20 years old, if this is C.W., then it sholud be taken in the 40-thies, was P. Schneider active at that time?

Thankful for any help
Roger

2012-12-15, 17:27
Svar #1

Utloggad Moderator USA

• Moderator *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1328
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Tråden skapad av moderator för post som blivit felplacerad under Övrigt. Skälet till flytten är att frågan inte är generell,  
utan rör efterlysning av uppgifter kring en specifik person. Rubriken grundas på uppgifter i aktuell post.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna