ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Johansson, Sara Victoria b1868 Fredsberg. Emigr abt 1885 - Mother stayed  (läst 1025 gånger)

2014-07-17, 18:35
läst 1025 gånger

Utloggad Sherri Buete

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 14
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-07-18, 21:53
    • Visa profil
    • www.thefamilywreath.com
Hello,

My g-g-grandmother, Sara Victoria Johansson, was born in Fredsberg (Skaraborg Co) on 13 Oct 1868. Her parents were Johannes Andersson b. 1821 Hassle and Sara Carlsdotter b. 1823 Hassle or Lyrestad. She had many siblings. It is my understanding that her father and siblings all went to America, but her mother stayed in Sweden because she feared the sea. I would like to find where she (Sara Carlsdotter) is buried and whether any family are still in the area.

Sara Johansson (the daughter) married August Andersson in Michigan. The family eventually settled in Duluth, MN. One of her brothers also lived in/near Duluth and left her some property upon his death, but I have not been able to find him. Would there be property or wills in swedish records?

Lastly, Sara had a sister named Beata Maria. I am told that Beata had a daughter out of wedlock named Johanna Sofia Karlsson b 22 Nov 1882 in Fredsberg. My g-g-grandmother brought Johanna Sofia (her niece) to America after she visited Sweden in 1905-1907. We would very much like to find Johanna.

Here is a link to my g-g-grandmother, Sara Victoria Johansson, on my family tree website with a photo and more data: http://www.thefamilywreath.com/getperson.php?personID=I5041&tree=1  Click on any of the names to see information about that person. You can view Sara's siblings by clicking on her father or mother.

Any help or clues, no matter how small, are very sincerely appreciated!! I have extensive data on the descendants of Sara and Christina (her sister), and also Caisa Andersdotter who was the sister of Sara/Christina's father. I would be so happy to share this with any swedish relatives.

PS. I also posted about Sara V. Johansson's husband, Swan August Anderson here: http://aforum.genealogi.se/discus/messages/241/415728.html?1405616102

(Meddelandet ändrat av sbuete 2014-07-17 18:56)

2014-07-17, 19:44
Svar #1

Utloggad Monica E Nilsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 913
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-11-11, 13:27
    • Visa profil
Hello Sherri!

In the Swedish deadCD 1901-2009 have I found this.

Andersson f. Karlsdotter, Sara,
Sörby Nolgården
Död 21 augusti, 1905.
Kyrkobokförd i Fredsberg (Skaraborgs län, Västergötland).
Född 21 jan, 1823 i Hassle (Skaraborgs län, Västergötland).
Änka.
Anm:
Mannen död i Amerika, okänt när

In english
Andersson born, Karlsdotter, Sara
Lived: Sörby Nolgården
Dead,  21 augusti 1905
Lived in Fredsberg (Skaraborgs County, Västergötland
Kyrkobokförd i Fredsberg (Skaraborgs län, Västergötland).
Born: 21 januari, 1823 in Hassel (Skarabors County), Västergötland
Widow
Note:
The man dead in America, unknown when

Hälsningar Monica Nilsson

(Meddelandet ändrat av manicken 2014-07-17 21:11)

2014-07-18, 15:54
Svar #2

Utloggad Sherri Buete

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 14
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-07-18, 21:53
    • Visa profil
    • www.thefamilywreath.com
Monica, your kindness is just astounding. That is most definitely her! I can't thank you enough for your help with Sara and August, too!!!!

If I can EVER return the favor, please don't hesitate to ask. I have many US subscriptions and it would be an honor to help you

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna