ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Ellis Island  (läst 625 gånger)

2003-05-05, 11:09
läst 625 gånger

Frida Nyqvist

Hi. I?ve visited Ellisislands homepage and found two of my relatives who came to ellisisland  1921. Threr name is Beda and Valborg Turnbom. I?d like to find out where they were going in America but I can only see a little information. How do I get all of the information?
Sincerly Frida

2003-05-09, 08:30
Svar #2

Frida Nyqvist

I apriciate all the help. You just solved a big peace of my puzzle!
Bless you Laila.
Love Frida

2003-05-10, 23:10
Svar #3

Jörgen Ahlman

Is there a page on internet regarding immigration thru the port of Boston like the Ellisisland-pages?

2003-05-12, 09:46
Svar #4

Laila N. Christiansen

No, Jörgen, it's not. But, the manifests excists. I would contact the LDS church, and ask them if they got them on microfilm or such.
Laila

2003-05-12, 16:40
Svar #5

Jan Ek

Just to add, the best overview I know of when it comes to Boston manifests is the one you find here, complete with links to catalog numbers both for LDS and NARA micro films. They are just about covering the same thing, but not quite, and the web site tells you what the deal is.

It is possible to get help in the US to look for a certain record, both from private professional researchers for a fee, and from the Massachusetts State Archive (NARA branch). This service is probably connected with a small fee too, but since they say they answer email inquiries, it should be easy finding out just how much in advance. An overview who to contact at the Archive is found at the Archives website.

What kind of help you could get from the mormons (LDS church) in Sweden I do not know. Their Family Centers in the US are very helpful of course, and carry their own films.

Good luck hunting,
Jan

2003-05-12, 18:41
Svar #6

Jörgen Ahlman

Thank you, both Jan and Laila !

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna