ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Hard af Segerstad  (läst 1867 gånger)

2003-06-05, 00:31
läst 1867 gånger

Guidebeck

Have information that in a publication entitled Adelskalendar that my ancestors are named.

Carl Wilhelm Leopold d. 1898 wife Maria Matilda Soderberg d. 1908.

their son and his wife migrated to America

Gustaf Magnus  d. 1927 and Mathilda Anderson d. 1946

Gustaf and Mathilda's daughter is my grandmother:

Alma Christine b. 1888 and Gustave Emanuel Walbert b. 1888

I would appreciate any information on Hard of Segerstad and my family, thanking you in advance.

2003-06-05, 02:31
Svar #1

berit nightingale

There are about 115 Hård af Segerstad in the  
phone book in Sweden.  
www.gulasidorna.se
on the left side you will find Privatpersoner,  
click on that and then  efternamn write
Hård af Segerstad
I think you might have to use the Swedish letter  
å instead of a in the name
Good Luck.
Berit
PS. it would help to know which area they came  
from.

2003-06-05, 08:40
Svar #2

Guidebeck

Gustave Magnus  Härd af Segerstad was Christened December 30, 1860 in Bergsjo, Gavleborg,Sweden.  I have no more information, does this help locate area?

2003-06-05, 08:49
Svar #3

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11058
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 11:36
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hi Guidebeck,

I will confirm:

Gustaf Magnus Hård af Segerstad was born 1860 23/2 i Bergsjö parish, went to the US, merchant in Buffalo, later in Roseland, Chicago. Died 1927 31/7 in Chicago. Married in 1882 to Mathilda NN.

The facts above comes from a book called “Svenska Adelns ättartaflor” ( = Pedigrees of noble houses in Sweden). There you will find a lot of information about this family back to Peder Hård of Segerstad mentioned 1501. The Hård af Segerstad family is connected to a lot other noble families in Sweden and probably other countries in Europe.

Regards from,
Olle Elm
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2003-06-05, 13:55
Svar #4

Utloggad Nils Hård af Segerstad

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1652
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-26, 10:05
    • Visa profil
Hello, Guidebeck:
I am the greatgrandson of Gustaf Magnus Hård af Segerstad, brother of Carl Vilhelm Leopold H. We seem to be 5th cousins.
In the Hårdska Släktboken, p 72, is mentioned that Alma and Gustave Walbert had three sons: Clyde, Andrew and William. Maybe one of them is your father? Their cousin Herbert Helstrom jr of Dallas Texas and his wife Norma visited relatives in Sweden some years ago.
We also met a member of the Del Porto family, whose father married a cousin of your father.

Best regards/  Nils Hård af Segerstad

2003-06-05, 18:06
Svar #5

Guidebeck

Hi Nils,

I am Andrea Walbert Guidebeck, Don Guidebeck is my husband.  I am the daugher of Andrew Hand Walbert and granddaughter of Alma and Gustave Walbert.  We are cousins.

Am trying to trace roots like localities, etc.  Where are the remaining family located in Sweden and any and all information I can get.  I appreciate all assistance and am thrilled and excited to have connected with a family member.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Andrea Walbert Guidebeck

2003-06-13, 12:35
Svar #6

Andrea Guidebeck

(Denna fråga hitflyttad från annan plats..)

Hård af Segerstad History of Name

Hve posted query on other page but haven't received reply to how and where can I find out just what this name means and the history of my family.  My great grandparents are Gustave Magnus and Mathilda Anderson Hård of Segerstad who migrated to the United States.  Can anyone assist me in locating references in English?  Thank you.

2003-06-13, 13:12
Svar #7

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Tha family name is Hård, which means hard, and the family can be traced way back to the Middle ages. At some time, probably around 1625, they and the authorities realised that there was another family in the nobility, also named Hård. To avoid confusion one was called Hård af Segerstad, as they owned Segerstad manor in Reftele parish in Småland, the other family was known as the Hård af Torestorp after one of their manors.

These families are Swedish and I don't know why they should be referenced in English-language books? We still use Swedish, just as you use English, but we can both learn the other language, if we are interested enough.

2003-06-17, 12:04
Svar #8

Peter Karlsson / anbytarvärd (Peter)

As Olle, Elisabeth and others have mentioned above you really should try to find the book Svenska Adelns ättartavlor [1925-1936] by Gustaf Elgenstierna - it's nine volumes about the swedish noblity families, and if you want to find all the ancestors to your Carl Wilhelm Leopold (1834-1898) that's the way to find them.. Besides the Hård af Segerstad family you'll come into a lot of other noble familys which you can find in theese volumes.
The Svenska Adelns ättartavlor should be possible to find in some bigger university librarys in USA. But as Elisabeth mentioned: it's of course in swedish.. -But most of the personal information (names, dates, relations etc.) will still be easy to coop with I think.
It all starts with your Gustaf Magnus and Carl  Wilhelm Leopold at page 734 in band III; then you can follow their parents and so on backwards.. But you will need more volumes than number III when you get into other families back in time..
Good luck!

2003-06-17, 17:04
Svar #9

Andrea Walbert Guidebeck

I have my local library looking for the publications you have named hoping we can find them for interlibrary loan.  I thank you for all the assistance and do appreciate all information.  I have been spending a lot of time with a Swedish American dictionary to translate the language.  As I have said, I am very proud of being half Swedish.

Again, will keep checking for information and hope to receive more.

Andrea Walbert Guidebeck

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna