NULL Skriv ut sidan - Östra Harg C:4 Deaths 1760-1821 - Reading & translating help

Anbytarforum

Titel: Östra Harg C:4 Deaths 1760-1821 - Reading & translating help
Skrivet av: Katrin Lundstedt-Enkel skrivet 2012-11-27, 22:41
Hi Kathryn!
What appalling hand writing the person in Östra Harg C:4 had. I´m sorry but I can only say that I´m unsure but it seems like Lars Emanuelson died of Magsiuka (in todays Swedish Magsjuka) (if I see correctly? This means stomach flu.  

Emanuel Larsson's death record was a little easier to decipher. It says Emanuel Larsson från Skafvesstad. född 9 December 1759 i Oppeby. Föräldr. Hemmansbr. Lars Persson (?) och hans hustru Brita Aina Palmgren (?). Gifte sig i Egeby Ö. harg med Cajsa Jonsdotter som dog 1798 å efterlämnade 5 barn af hvilka blott en nu lefver, nemligen Augusth. Magnus Emanuelsson i Linghem (?). Ingick nytt äktenskap 1799 med Rusth. dottern Anna Nilsdotter ifrån Måltorp (Miltorp?), Ö. Harg. Flyttade med henne 1800 till Skafvestad. Hade med henne 2nne söner Nils och Lars som äfven nu lefva. Dog av hetsig feber, begrafven den 27 Nov.

TRANSLATION
Emanuel Larsson from Skavestad (as the town is called today). Born 9th December 1759 in Oppeby (Up-willage) parents hemmansbrukare (I have looked up the word hemmansbrukare and it seems like it was a farmer that maybe rented the farm, not owning the farm himself but working it after paying rent or paying with labour) Lars Persson and his wife Brita Aina Palmgren (Palmgren means Palm (as in palm tree) and gren means branch). Married in Egeby Östra Harg with Caisa Jonsdotter that died in 1798 and then left 5 children of which whom only one now lives, namely August Magnus Emanuelsson in Linghem. Married again in 1799 with Rusthållardaughter (daugther to a Rusthållare a person that has a farm and provided the state with a soldier and a horse and all the soldier´s equipment and thus was exempt from paying some of the basic taxes) Anna Nilsdotter from Måltorp (Miltorp?), Östra Harg. Moved with her 1800 to Skavestad. Had by her 2 sons, Nils and Lars that also now is alive. Died of rapid fever (like influenza or pneumonia. It might mean “spotted fever” that is a type of Thypus) and was buried 27th November.

Hope this helps!