NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Translation and explain of words

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Translation and explain of words
Skrivet av: Leif Lundkvist skrivet 2016-04-15, 01:20
"He divorced and received Kongl. Majts (the kings) gracious permission to marry F. L. T. Wallström, albeit he for her sake became divorced from his former wife". That is probably the proof that Bergendahl is actually the father to Axelina!

The record also say that her "Giftoman" (the person giving her permission to this marriage) is Lithografen C. Petersén.

Have you used the "Mantalslängd" (tax register) to check things? I took the one that is easy to find, Göteborgs mantalskontor FIaa:79 (1876-1876) Bild 2180 (AID: v280528.b2180, NAD: SE/GLA/12296). There you can see that the OWNER of Östra Haga 42 is Former Divisionstrumpetaren J. F. Bergendahl, born 1815. He lives there with his wife Fredrica, born 1818, and daughter Axelina, born 1860, and it says nothing but that she is their daughter. It is an apartment house with a lot of people renting apartments (two full pages), and I estimate that the value in todays currency should be of the order of 1 Million dollars (10 Million Kronor).

It is quite easy to follow the house backwards, I have not checked everything, but very interesting is that in Göteborgs mantalskontor FIaa:50 (1860-1860) Bild 1530 (AID: v280512.b1530, NAD: SE/GLA/12296), Östrs Haga 42 is owned in half by Mamsell Wallström (living there) and (on the page before) the other half owned by Bergendah (but he is not living there)l. Thus it was not Wallström going to Garnisionsförsamlingen to meet Bergendahl, it was Bergendahl going to Östra Haga.