NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Information on Jonas Johnson, born 1833 in Jonkoping vastra

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Information on Jonas Johnson, born 1833 in Jonkoping vastra
Skrivet av: Carol Kemp skrivet 2017-06-11, 19:27
Klas,

You are most kind.  I appreciate your help and don't want to make a nuisance of myself, but your last post has caused me to ask some more questions.

First, can I buy the CD that you mentioned and where do I get it?  I must have many relatives in the Jonkoping area as my father's mother (Amanda Jonsson) was born there.  My father's father was born in Hova.  They both emigrated to the US where they met and married.

My great grandfather on my father's father's side was also a soldier.  His name was Johannes Olofsson, which he changed to Johannes Hagg.  I was told that the army wanted the names to be short and simple, so that is why he changed his name.  Is that why Erik Gustav dropped the Hakansson?  I was surprised when you mentioned this name as it is another new turn that makes it difficult to trace.  But you have supplied me with some more names for my tree.

Where do you live?  My mother was born in Ljustorp in Vasternorrlands.  My husband and I visited there last year, and I met a number of my cousins.  I have done a lot of work on my mother's side, so now I am working on my father's side.

Again, thanks for your help.

Carol