NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Carl Johan Jonnson (1834) + Carolina Jonsdotter (1841) ?

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Carl Johan Jonnson (1834) + Carolina Jonsdotter (1841) ?
Skrivet av: Hans Olof Johansson skrivet 2017-11-23, 13:20
Hej Bruce!

Like Roy I've searched the records without finding any trace of a son Per Johan, born five years before his parents married. I strongly believe that you'll have to start again from scratch with what you really know about your great grandfather's origin.

In the Swedish census of 1880 there are 13 people bearing the name Per Johan Andersson and born in 1861, none of them born in Madesjö or even in Småland. According to EmiWeb, the Swedish emigrant database, 27 people by the name of Per Johan Andersson emigrated to America between 1883 and 1887. In other words, there's a considerable risk of mix-ups.

Per Johan Andersson may have been known by a different name in Sweden, or he wasn't really from Madesjö. Or it could be a combination of both.

I also looked for people emigrating in 1883 and born in Madesjö. There are about 50 of them in EmiWeb, and at first glance there seem to be two reasonably suitable candidates: Per Johan Olsson and Carl Johan Johansson, both born in 1861 and living in Blomkulla, Madesjö at the time and most probably travelling together.

Best regards,
Hans Olof