NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Översättning och tolkning av engelsk text

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Översättning och tolkning av engelsk text
Skrivet av: Marianne Elfström skrivet 2018-04-10, 22:36
Nu har jag äntligen lyckats tyda texten någorlunda, men vore tacksam om någon ville korrigera de rödmarkerade orden.

United States of America.

Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, ss.

BE IT KNOWN, THAT on the day of the date hereof, before me, William L Norton Esquire, one of the Justices of the Peace, in and for the County of Philadelphia, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, personally appeared Borje Cloth an AMERICA SEAMAN, aged forty-three years, or thereabouts, of the height of five feet 9 ¾ inches, has darkbrown hair, hazle eyes, and dark complexion, and has lost nearly all of the first joint of his right thumb.

Who being duly sworn? did depose and say, That he is a native of Gottenburgh in the Kingdom of Sweden and a Citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, by virtue? of, and as fully appears by a certificate of his declaration under the seal of the district Court at Charleston, in the state of South Carolina, and a certificate of his naturalization, duly? authenticated? under? the seal of the County Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions  for Craven County, in the state of North Carolina, dated the 13th day of February, 1826 and signed by James G Stanly as Clerk of San? Court.
Borje Cloth

IN TESTUNIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my Hand and Seal, this twenty-eight day of March in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and twenty seven.
Wm L Norton [seal]