NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Lycknes Prison 1760

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Lycknes Prison 1760
Skrivet av: Christer Edenfjord skrivet 2018-05-29, 22:11
For immediate use, try this site for more information regarding the Swedish campaigns in Pomerania  :) , it is the complete history of the Seventh Year War:

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Campaigns

I have made some research on this regiment in this war, mostly Skellefteå and Löfånger Compagnies since I have several ancestors in those, but only two in Överstelieutenantens Compagnie where your soldiers served.
However,  most often they fought together so I will try to put together what happened and what they might have experienced at Pasewalk and Löcknitz (the correct German name for Lycknäs).

If you are able to understand some Swedish I can send you the history of my own ancestors at the affaire of Löcknitz, else I will try to translate it for you.

Prisoners of this war was seldom put in regular prisons, they were marched far into Prussian territory, to some town where they tried to make a living under guard. For those at Löcknitz the town Stettin became their "prison". Often they were pressed into Prussian service. Some could flee, some with luck were exchanged and some had to wait until the war ended.

Of those 26 lost that night, 2 managed to flee the same night, 3 died in captivity, 12 were exchanged in January 1761, 8 were never heard of again and 1 showed up at the muster at home in Västerbotten in January 1763.

Bissdorf is just a small village in then Swedish Pomerania where muster of the regiment took place the 20th November 1759.