NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Help reading birth record in Tolgs parish

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Help reading birth record in Tolgs parish
Skrivet av: Klas Wallén skrivet 2019-02-10, 13:40
HI!

The father was the non commissioned officer Bakfot who lived on Källreda nästagård in Tolg. He was what we call a Förare which in the 17th Century was the third rank for non-commissioned officers. Later on he became a Sergeant which was the fourth step. During that time a Sergeant had a higher status than during later times. You can find the family on page 287 in AI/3. The wife may be a daughter to another non-commissioned officer or a priest. I my self have an ancestor who had a Furir (second rank for N-C officers) as father and a daughter to a priest as mother during the early 18h century. I think it says that your ancestor was called Lisa Regina Ameries but I am not fully sure of the surname. I may check it up and see what I can find I have some records from that part of Småland but I am not sure they are from Tolg though. Also the non-commissioned officers was often the sons of farmers and the higher officers as Captains and so on was often from the higher society, the nobles. During the 16th Century and probably also the 17th, the Förare was the person who had the flag/ensign. Also I think the förare had a horse and the name bakfot (back foot) has probably more to do with his horse than the förare himself.

One thing that is confusing is that the household examination book for Tolg AI/3 has several sections with the same places. One thing that is strange though is that the later parts of the book is supposed to be from 1765 and the earlier part from 1755-1763(?). But on page 286 you can find your ancestor Brita Margareta (noted as Brigitta Greta) born in 1766.

By the way Doug, I have found some that might be interesting for you regarding Peter Andersson. I will probably have time to post about it tonight.

Regards Klas