NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 16 juni, 2009

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 16 juni, 2009
Skrivet av: Gene Linden skrivet 2003-08-07, 06:06
Hello:
Could someone please look up my grandfather's eldest brother in the Jönköping military records.Johan Alfred (Snäll) Lindén, born 1866-12-10 in Järsnäs.  The family moved to Norra Solberga between 1878 and 1882. The household examination (genline GID 245.1.26100)for 1888 shows that Johan Alfred has taken the name Lindén and gone to Nässjö. I believe that he may have enlisted in the Army at about this time (he would have been 22 years old).  The last page of the village index for Norra Solberger (genline GID 245.22.39000) has a listing titled Soldater. My great-granfather, Klaes Fredrik Snäll, a soldier, is listed third, with a reference to page 20, where the family is listed.  Just before is the name Lindén and the number 1887 which, I believe must be the year he was appointed.  The other soldiers listed reference page numbers where they may be found. I think it is odd that the other names have a page referenced and this one references a year.  After this household examination, I can find no record of Johan Alfred. I would appreciate your assistance or ideas.