NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2000-08-30

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2000-08-30
Skrivet av: Kathleen Hedberg skrivet 2000-07-31, 00:37
Till Hans Egeskog (Hasse) & Bengt Nordstrand
I am a new user of the Internet, who recently found this site.  (I can read Swedish, but cannot write well--I hope you do not mind my writing in English.)
I was interested in your earlier discussion about Tallekullen, as my roots also go back there.  The information I had about Hans Hansson Lang's descendants is the same as yours, but I did not have anything about his parents.  I am so pleased to have this information about his German roots.

Perhaps I can add some additional information about his family.  He is my ancestor on two lines whose common descendant was Nils Nilsson (b.1765):
My fm Kristina Bjorndahl, born 24 Nov 1869 in Sibbo, Karlskoga:  mm f Nils Nilsson b. 27 Jan 1765 in Sibbohult:  fm f Hans Henriksson b.1667 probably in Bjorkmo(d.28 Jul 1741 a.74) f Henrik Hansson Lang (b.1644), f Hans Hansson Lang (b.1607).  
Nils Nilsson (b.1765) mm f Hans Henriksson b.abt 1668 probably in Sibbohult/Osterhult, m Katarina Hansdotter b.abt 1648, f Hans Hansson Lang (b.1607).

Hans Hansson Lang (b.1607) listed in Valasen, Tallekullen, & Utterback
children:
Henrik Hansson Lang b.1644 to Bjorkmo
Katarina Hansdotter b.abt 1648  
Hans Hansson Lang b.abt 1651 hammarsmed in Valasen
Petter Hansson Lang b.abt 1653 to Utterback
Johan Hansson Lang b.abt 1656 to Tallekullen
Anders Hansson Lang b.abt 1657 to Tallekullen

Henrik Hansson Lang (b.1644) md Elin Nilsdotter of Bjorkmo
children:
Hans Henriksson b.1667 (d.28 Jul 1741 a.74)  
Nils Henriksson b.abt 1670
Maria Henriksdotter b.abt 1675
Henrik Henriksson b.15 Feb 1680  
Katarina Henriksdotter b.23 Oct 1681
Anna Henriksdotter b.25 Feb 1683
Elin Henriksdotter b.abt  1685
Margareta Henriksdotter b.4 May 1688

Katarina Hansdotter (b.abt 1648) md Henrik Siliaksson, Hammarsmed in Valasen, seven children

Hans Hansson Lang (b.abt 1655) md N.N., five children

Petter Hansson Lang (b.abt 1653) md Kerstin Andersdotter, four children, lived in Utterback

Johan Hansson Lang (b.abt 1656) md Kerstin Matsdotter (f.Mats Jordansson of Brickegarden)
eight children

Anders Hansson Lang (b.abt 1657) md Margareta Eliasdotter (f.probably Elias Bryngelsson of Bofors)
no children:  They take Henrik Hansson Lang's (Bjorkmo) son Nils Henriksson to look after them in their old age and inherit their land.  (see Dombok 8 Sep 1708)

Sources for all of this come mainly from mantals and dombok entries, with the births of some of the children found in the parish records.  Here are some of the most important entries:  
1674 (spring) Hans Lang hammarsmed wid Valasen has brief for half cronohemmanet Utterback from Anders Andersson i Utterback for 230 Kmt
1674 (spring) purchase in Tallekullen
1699 (fall) Hammarsmeden Master Hans Lang said that in Aug. 1689 he had left Valase Hammar, and hans mag Master Hindrick Siliachsson had taken his place... he is now over 80 years old
1700 (spring)Lars Nilsson i Utterback...hans Antecessor Petter Lang, des broder Hans Hansson Lang...  Hammarsmeden Hindrick Siliachsson, hans svarfader Hans Lang... gammal hammarsmeden Mast. Hans Lang & hans 2 sonner Hans & Petter Langar
1709 (spring) Hammarsmeden's Hindrick Seliacksson's widow h. Cathrina Hansdr & hennes son Hans Hindricksson i Sibbohult

Bouppteckning 1724: sal. Hindrik Hansson & ank. Elin Nilsdr & deras barn:  Hans, Nils, Mariya, Cattarina, Anna, Elin, och Margareta Hindriksbarn

The approximated dates of birth listed above are only guesses, as is the order in which the children were born.  I have found, however, that even though a birth date is a guess, it helps me keep track of people.

I have a lot more data that is too much to include here.  However, I will send the part that pertains to the Hans Lang family to Kjell Nordqvist at the Hembygdsforenings arkiv.  

I would like to make available to researchers all the data that I have collected over the years.  Even though I am an American trying to read old Swedish, and have probably made some mistakes, you can always check with the original source.  Most of what I have is on an out-dated database program.  I can print it, but I would like to find a way to convert it to a more modern program so that it would be easier to search.  I plan to get in touch with Gunnar Jonsson (Varmlands Kyrkboksregister) to see if he can help me. Or does anyone else have any suggestions?

Also, I have a question concerning Henrik Siliaksson who married Katarina Hansdotter.  I have been trying to standarize my names according to Hakan Skogsjo's Slaktforskarforbundets namnlista, but I cannot find anything like the name Siliak.  (I found it spelled Siljakobsson in one place.)  Has anyone heard of this name before?  Could he also be a smith from Germany?  

I was interested in the question of the origin of the Jordans, as many are also my ancestors, but that is a topic for another day.  
I think this is a wonderful way to exchange information and find out what others are doing, and look forward to conversing with you and others about our Karlskoga roots.
Kathleen Hedberg