NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-03

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-03
Skrivet av: Rolf Leander skrivet 2003-05-03, 14:45
My family research started with a postcard to my father from the Dep. of  Foreign Affairs from January 30, 1925 saying that my father had property left by Mathilda Shaw, dead in Chicago, to collect. I understand very well that my father never mentioned anything about this for me, as the sum he received was only 3.14 dollar. At the Department they had however rather many documents in this transaction, and going out from them I have now got very much information on my ancestors as well in Sweden as in Amerika. There is however one person that I till now have not succeeded to place in the family tree. This is the first person in the will of Mathilda Shaw, and her name is Anna Leander. She is titled niece, but there is no direct niece of Mathilda Shaw in the family tree. I know however that the title niece often was used even if the person was not directly related as niece. I have also had copy of her death certificate, to which her husband was the informant, but the document does not have the for me important information about her birthplace, name of father, birthplace of father, maiden name of mother or birthplace of mother. The secretary, who wrote the document, did evidently not find this information important. For the birthplaces is only noted that they were in Sweden. On the certificate is noted her date of birth, July 12, 1872 and date of death, June 4, 1926 and that she had lived in Amerika 49 years at her death, i.e. she was only 5 years when coming to Amerika. I have also got the following information from the Oak Hill Cemetery where she was buried. John Leander of 2548 Prairie Ave, Chicago was the lot owner, and the following 4 persons were buried there:
Anna Leander, buried June 9, 1926, age at time of death 54 years, 10 months and 23 days, place of death 2548 Prairie Ave.
Alice Leander, April 10, 1930, 16 years, Mercy Hospital.
John Leander, April 25, 1931, 62 years, 2 months and 6 days, Cook County Hospital..
Marie Jacobson, July 24, 1926, 56 years, 4 months and 14 days, 6923 Woodlawn Ave.  

I am now interested to find information about birth places and parents of these four persons. From the church books I have not been able to find this, and not on the list of emigrants either.  

Rolf Leander