NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-03

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-03
Skrivet av: Rolf Leander skrivet 2003-05-03, 14:51
In my research about my two oncles, who emigrated to Amerika, I have found that they might have started their stay in Amerika by digging gold in Alaska. On a list of golddiggers published in the magazine Family Chronicle from September-October 1996 and from which I have received copies of the actual pages,  are noted Axel Leander, tailor, living 1901 in Nome and A. Leander, minor, living 1901 in Teller City. In the magazine is said that additional and more specific information about arrival, medical status and birth place of birth on individuals, who were part of the Gold Rush in Yukon is available on the internet at www.gold-rush-org but I myself and two other researbers in USA have in vain tried to find this information. As far as I can understand this information must originally have been taken from any kind of written document. I have several times written to the editor of the magazine on this, but they do not answer my request.  

My two oncles are the following:  
Axel Albin Leander, born June 27, 1872 in Lämås,  Karlskoga, emigrated June 3, 1892 under the familyname Augustsson after his father August Leander Josephsson. I have been able to follow him from 1900 when he lived in Chicago over his marriage and to his death 1934 in Kent, WA. He had no children.  
August Alexander Leander, born May 2, 1876 in Lämås Karlskoga, emigrated September 9, 1896 under the familyname Augustsson. About him I only know that he was declared dead about 1950 in connection with a distribution of a legacy here in Sweden.  

Rolf Leander