NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-10-22

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-10-22
Skrivet av: Jan Ek (Janek) skrivet 2004-08-08, 09:50
Hi Gary!

Your post is most certainly in the right place. There are some excellent researchers keeping an eye on this thread, so you will hopefully get a good response. I have parts of my ancestry from Otterstad, but can't say I'm among the experts on the parish. For one thing I don't have access to the full range of church records yet, I'm depending on the private enterprise Genline, and their ongoing release of records on subscription doesn't cover that parish fully just yet. Other researchers have the full microfiche set at home, the same records you can reach in the US at the Family History Centers.

But just to wet your appetite I found these records on the 1890 census CD (remember it is a second hand source, known for mistakes in the early data collection, years can be off and so on):

In Skattegården Otterstad:

Apelqvist, Lars Peter b. 1810  Father and widower
(child), Hedda b. 1854  Daughter
----------
(no surname), Fredrik b. 1865  Father
Andersson, Tilda b. 1857  Mother
(child), Anna Katrina b. 1889  Daughter

The census tells that all persons are born in Otterstad, but birth parish is also among the things sometimes incorrect in this type of records.

As I read the full record set, Skattegården is inhabited by two family units, Lars Peter with a grown up unmarried daughter Hedda, and Lars Peter's son Fredrik with wife and one child. But the census in itself doesn't confirm the relationship between the two families separated by the dotted line. That's my assumption from your knowledge about some of the persons.