NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 18 februari, 2008

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 18 februari, 2008
Skrivet av: Bill Gustavson skrivet 2008-02-13, 23:32
Anna,
 I have requested the bouppteckning like you said, however I haven't heard back from them yet.  Does it normally take a while?  Anyway, I have discovered that Karl Henri Gustafsson married to Ellen Mathilda Johansson.  We are unsure of the date, and we think that it might have happened here in the US.  Ellen, we believe worked for the Esther household here in New York, but we cannot find definate records of either one coming in to the US.  We've checked NY, Baltimore and Canada.  I might have missed it somewhere.  Ellen Mathilda b. 23 April 1885 in Malmö Caroli. Father Johan August Johansson b. 14 jun 1858 Mother Maria Kristina Olivia Hallgren b. 29 Oct 1850, siblings: Klara Johanna 1878, Astrid Maria 1870 and August Ernst Emmanuel 1872 all born in Visby.  Can you find either Karl or Ellen on any immigration records?  Also would there be any records as to why Ellen would've been born in Malmö Carolii while the others, including her older sister were born in Visby?  I've located this information in the Gotland kn, Hemse parish household examinations 1884-1893.
Bill