NULL Skriv ut sidan - Chile

Anbytarforum

Titel: Chile
Skrivet av: Leif MÃ¥rtensson skrivet 2014-01-14, 15:34
Magnus Larsson born 20/10 1870 in Villie in the south part of Sweden left Sweden for the USA, without properly informing the Swedish authorities, in 1889, probably via Copenhagen.
In 1905 his brother Alfred Larsson born 11/12 1881 in Slimminge emigrated in a proper way to the USA. Upon arrival in New York with S.S Caronia October 25, 1905, he told the immigration officer that he should visit his brother M Martinson and meet him at Box 55 Opechee P. O..  Alfred had a ticket to Calumet, Michigan a copper area from the agent in Sweden.
The next trace is the US Naturalization Record for Alfred Martinson which he initiated on 23 Feb 1910 while in Seattle, Washington before going to Alaska in 1910. Source citation: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) Name - Alfred Martinson age - 28 years -Occupation - Railroad man. The next trace is the 1910 United States Federal Census stating that he lived in a lodge, Valdez, Division 3, Alaska.  
As Alfred was a railroad man it is most probable that he took part in the building of Copper River & Nothwestern Railway from Cordova to Kennecott at the time. The owner of the mines was Kennecott Mines Company. This company worked simultaneously with El Teniente copper mine in Chile South America and there is a vague rumour that the two brothers went to South America. Does anyone know how to possibly find the brothers at the mine El Teniente in Chile?
The parents of the two brothers are:
Lars MÃ¥rtensson born in Villie Sweden 9/9 1841 Sissa Olsson born Skivarp Sweden 18/9 1843 Both the brothers took the surname Martinson in the USA, the same as their father, according to the common name convention at the time in Sweden.
I have no trace from the younger brother and only the above from the older one.
Any information about the two brothers or possible descendants is most welcome.