NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 29 augusti, 2013

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 29 augusti, 2013
Skrivet av: Linda Sandahl skrivet 2012-12-13, 17:22
Eva, thank you so much for all your help. It looks like Fridolf was heading for Spokane, Washington, which is where his half-sister Elsa Maria settled with her husband, Nick Blomberg. It seems that he never got there. Am I right in guessing that the notation in the Mora register is about the same as missing, presumed dead? Usually, in the US, when a person has been missing for 7 years, he can be declared legally dead by court order, so his estate, etc, can be finally disposed of.

I still haven't been able to find Elsa Maria's birth record, or who her father was - I don't think Carolina was married. In the census her birth place is given as Stora Tuna, and in her citizenship papers she put Stockholm, but I couldn't find anything in either place.  

Elsa Maris, the oldest child of Carolina, had five children and became a US citizen in 1940. She has descendants living in Washington State. I don't think she and my grandmother, Elinda Karolina, the youngest child, were ever in touch again. My grandmother moved to the US with her husband, Ragnar Sandahl, and two sons in 1926, but she did return to Sweden twice to visit her family.

Thank you again. i love this forum!