NULL Skriv ut sidan - Körning

Anbytarforum

Titel: Körning
Skrivet av: M.Sjöström skrivet 2007-03-29, 10:17
As far as I have understood, that Estrid Knutsdotter actually was not descended from any Körning/ Kyrning family. Instead, she seems to have been stepdaughter of a Körning/ Kyrning, i.e stepdaughter of knight Peder Kyrning, being daughter of Peder's wife Bengta Matsdotter [Stjärna] and her first husband knight Knut, nicknamed April, who was of the family genealogically known as the Barun, and whose own mother was a Porse.

Estrid Knutsdotter, sometimes also called Sestrid Knutsdotter, before her own Stenbock marriage presumably lived in her stepfather's household, and may have in some occasions been called Körning as were also her half-brothers who were sons of Peder Kyrning. (I would like to see proper references of where, in contemporary documents, Estrid actually was called Körning or Kyrning.)

In other words, her possible appellation as Körning is an early event of the today rather common phenomenon of stepchildren's surnames being changed to the name of their mother's current, i.e later spouse, = name of stepfather of such children.