ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Jon (Jan) Fredrik Johanson/Merlaine Fredricks Fuller  (läst 415 gånger)

2002-07-24, 04:39
läst 415 gånger

Merlaine Fredricks Fuller

Searching for info. on Jon Fredrik Johanson
born July 1861, married June 1, 1884
to Brita Anderson born Feb. 13, 1866.
They lived in Arbra, Halsingland.  Jon was a foreman in a papermill for over 30 years and cut tombstones in spare time.
14 children, my father Uno Albin Johanson the youngest child born Nov. 20, 1911.
Mother Brita died Aug. 29, 1922.
Father Jon, Uno Albin, and twins Erik and Irma came to U.S. on Sept 1, 1923 on the Drottningholm
Jon returned to Sweden in 1933 and died there in 1936. He was born in Sweden up near Lapland.
We know nothing of Jon or Brita's parents or brothers and sisters.  Any info greatly appreciated.

2002-07-25, 10:50
Svar #1

Sven-Erik Sundqvist

Hi Merlaine,
Jan Fredrik Johansson, born July 10 1861, was a stoneworker at Kyrkbyn Arbrå, He was born at Nysund (Öb). I don?t know where that is. June 1, 1884 he married

Brita Andersson. She was born Feb 13, 1866 at Nianfors (not so far from Arbrå).

Children:
1. Emma Juliana b July 25, 1891. She died Feb 11, 1914
2. Anna Kristina b Oct 26, 1896. She was a dressmaker
3. Per August b Mar 11, 1899. He was a sailor
4. Otto Emil b Apr 21, 1900. He was a forestworker
5. Elma Maria b July 19, 1904
6. Irma Gunhild b Jan 30, 1907
7. Erik Gunnar b Jan 30, 1907
8. Uno Albin b Nov 20, 1911

In 1921 Elma emigrated to the US
In 1923 Father Jan, Irma, Erik and Uno emigrated to Hadley Wi. The churchbook says that also Anna Kristina emigrated 1923, but I can?t find her in the shipslist.

Regards Sven-Erik, Genealogist at Bollnäs

2002-08-02, 03:43
Svar #2

Merlaine Fredricks Fuller

Erik,
Thank you so much for your reply, I was so surprised when I saw it!  You supplied Brita and Jan's places of birth and the day in July that Jan was born.  Two children died when only one month old, and the 4 older children came to U.S. before my Dad and his father came.  I wonder why the four older ones were'nt on the church records.
I have a picture of Brita's parents, one of her father taken that has a Photo studios name written below called N.A. Petterson, Arbra.   Do you have any way to find out Brita Andersons parents first names?  Or a suggestion for me of how I might find out?
Also you said Jan was a stoneworker at Kyrkbyn, Arbra, What is Kyrkbyn? We were told he made headstones.  Is this associated with a church?  We have a small picture of a church that says Kyrkar or Kyrkan stamped on the front, and a small picture of a power house that has Kraftverket stamped on the front, are they in Arbra?  We also were told Jan worked for a paper mill for 30 years, was there one in Arbra? We appreciate so much what you have given us already, thank you, sincerely Merlaine

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna