ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Broddetorp - Födelse - 1721 - Sid 297  (läst 1270 gånger)

2012-05-15, 21:27
läst 1270 gånger

Utloggad Cecilia Johansson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-11-13, 23:36
    • Visa profil
Hej!
Skulle behöva lite hjälp att läsa.  

Socken: Broddetorp
Typ av bok: Födelse- och dopbok
Årtal: 1721
Sida: 297
Länk i Arkiv Digital: http://www.arkivdigital.se/aid/show/v23482.b130.s297

Jag försöker förstå vad det står i födelseboken om Margareta Ambjörnsdotter, som jag tror ska vara född 15 oktober 1721. Jag tror att hennes föräldrar heter Ambjörn Ingelsson (1676-1761) och Elin Ambjörnsdotter (1679-1742)...  
På 11:e raden nerifrån ser jag att det står Margareta (understruket).  Om jag utgår från den raden kan jag utläsa (eller tro mig utläsa.): 15 född 17 döpt Margareta Amb. och Elin i Säckesten. Vad som står sen är mest ett ”töcken” tycker jag. Tycker mig utläsa Säckesten nån gång. Jonas.. pigan. Björn. Nån som kan läsa bättre. ???

Tacksam för hjälp!

Cecilia

2014-09-22, 04:00
Svar #1

Utloggad Martha Wolf

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 48
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-12-17, 01:45
    • Visa profil
Hej Cecilia!

I found your message a short time ago when I searched on Ambjörn.  I hesitate to answer these queries since Swedish is not my native language, but since no one else has, I will add what I can.  

I've put words that I think are probable, but I'm unsure about in brackets.  I've put explanations in parentheses.

After the first Säckesten, the word is testes (Latin for witnesses). Then a four letter abbreviation with which I'm unfamiliar. Then [Anna] i [__-torp], pigan Marit i Säckesten, Elin i Torppatorpet, Jonas ibm.(ibidem - Latin for the same place), [Anders (abbrev.) i Stenstorp, Nils [___] Biörn i Pijhlhult (Pilhult).

You may be interested in my next post as I descend from Ambjörn and Elin's son Olaf.

Hope this helps.

Martha

2014-09-22, 04:18
Svar #2

Utloggad Martha Wolf

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Broddetorp C:2 (1704-1761) Bild 103, Sida 220 (SVAR)
Lower half of page  
March - Death of Inge
Dead on the 9th, buried on the 12th Ambiorns father Inge in [____] [___] whose grave [___] [___] (is) at (his)ancestor's church. 90 years old.  

I'll be very grateful if someone can fill in the gaps.  

Thank you in advance,

Martha

2014-09-22, 07:19
Svar #3

Utloggad Peter Hansen

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 384
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-29, 12:39
    • Visa profil
Hi Martha, propose as follows:
1727 Martij.
d.9. död 12 begrofz Ambiorns farfar Inge i Brå.?.sten? uti hans graf som är på östra sidan kyrkan. 90 åhr gl.

(Dead 9th. 12th buried Ambiörns fathersfather Inge in Brå.?.sten? in his grave which is on east side of the Church. 90 years old)
Hopefully someone else can help you with Brå.?.sten?
BR
Peter

2014-09-26, 04:34
Svar #4

Utloggad Martha Wolf

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hi Peter,
I apologize for the delay. Many unexpected things happened this week.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I realized afterwards that I should have written the text in Swedish as it appeared on my screen.  Are you familiar with Ambiörn and Inge? Or with any of the other families in that area of Skaraborg?

I puzzled over this passage for a long time (months) thinking it was fafa for farfar, but then realized that the first and third letters were not the same. I think it is possible it is fahr for far with an added h as often happened in many words and names in the days of flexible spelling. I would assume it was the responsibility of the eldest living son to arrange for the burial of a parent and since Inge's son Ambiörn was living in Bolum/Broddetorp that would make the passage make sense. Otherwise I suppose the clerk could have made an error. The handwriting is so bad - a single letter not being written the same way twice in two lines - that I conclude it was written by the clerk rather than the Priest.

Is there a special significance in being buried on the east side of the church?  I've read many hundreds of Swedish death records and have never seen that designation before, but I see it occurs several times on the same page. I find it very strange that that would be added. Ätterfaders kyrka  (ancestral church) makes a lot more sense in context, to me since it explains why Inge was buried there. Is it also typical of records in this part of Skaraborg to say, after saying that the person was buried, that he is in his grave or just of this particular clerk? Actually, I've seen a number of death records from this part of Skaraborg that did not have these peculiarities.

I do hope someone can decipher the place name as that is probably the most informative part of the record.

Thank you again,

Martha

2014-09-26, 17:55
Svar #5

Utloggad Peter Hansen

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 384
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-29, 12:39
    • Visa profil
Hi Martha,
I will try to give some comments concerning your questions regarding Broddetorp C:2(1704-1761) Bild 92 / P.220, 1727-03-09.

No, I am not familiar with the area around Broddetorp. (My ancestors came from around Lidköping, 40 km NW of Broddetorp.)
I do not think there is any special significance of being buried on the east side of the church.
From other notes in Broddetorp C:2(1704-1761) I conclude that the priest had the rather unusual, but not unique, habit of describing the location of the grave and if the grave “belonged” to a certain person.
“His grave” can, I guess, also mean “his family's grave”.
I have only come across this habit once in my own investigations around Lidköping and in that case the priest wrote that people from a certain farm (gård) was buried in the same grave, as if it were some sort of  “farm-grave”.
I would also like to mention that I only have about 4 years' experience in searching my ancestors..
Best regards
Peter Hansen

2014-09-27, 00:44
Svar #6

Utloggad Martha Wolf

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hi Peter,
Thanks again for the additional information.  Not knowing the customs of a particular place or unusual names that are prevalent in a certain area can hinder research, so it's helpful to learn those little things. I'm often very successful at reading the Swedish Gothic script, but there are times when I'm stumped so this help is appreciated.  

I've been hoping to find someone with in-depth knowledge of the people in the area formed roughly by the Skövde-Skara-Falköping triangle, as two posts relating to people there have gone unanswered. I have some pesky problems there due to conflicting records, pre-hfl moves, or too many people with the same unusual name!  If you hear of anyone maintaining a data base of people in that area from the late 1600s to mid-1800s or any part thereof, I'd love to know about it.  I had good fortune in that regard with some of my Småland ancestors.

I hope you have as much success and pleasure as I've had in searching for my ancestors, mostly on microfilm before the days of digitization.
Best regards,
Martha Wolf

2014-11-13, 23:36
Svar #7

Utloggad Cecilia Johansson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-11-13, 23:36
    • Visa profil
Hi Martha!

I've just found your answer to my question. Many thanks for your help!

I have almost all my ancestors in Bolum/Broddetorp (or nearby) and I'm born there to (and now live in the nearest village, Falköping). So I think I may have the knowledge of the area, but I haven't searched for my ancestors too long so I'm not so good in doing that. Unfortenally I am not sure what is written on the page about Inges Death. But I can guess...  

Ambjörn (the son) is born in Bredegården, Stenstorp, but married to Elin who comes from Broddetorp. When their children are born (1718 and 1721) they live in Säckesten, Broddetorp. I'm not sure if they really lives in Säckesten when Inge dies 1727, but maybe... And maybe Inge has moved to his son and stays at Säckesten too? Maybe it is written Säckesten? I'm not sure though...

1727 Martii  
d. 9 död, 12 begrofs Ambiorns fader Inge i Säckesten uti hans graf som är på öster sidan kyrkan. 90 åhr gl.  

(1727 March
Dead 9th. 12th buried Ambiörns father Inge in Säckesten in his grave which is on east side of the Church. 90 years old
)

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna