ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Need help with death record abbreviations and vocabulary, 1868, Böne parish, please  (läst 981 gånger)

2017-05-01, 01:32
läst 981 gånger

Utloggad Linda Johnson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 40
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-26, 18:38
    • Visa profil
Could someone please help me understand some of the information in the death record of Johanna Jonsdotter, recorded in Böne-F-1-1862-1894-Image-11, which I have uploaded as three files (the whole page and two enlargements) to Dropbox at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0nnq7tqw4791wku/AABd2E8CeHg_AHGaG7TMTwvQa?dl=0 

I would like to know if the record tells where Johanna died. The column for name, etc., says, “Johanna Jonsdoter från Wings i Å. H. Fors. undant. i Hällunda.” I can translate most of that as “Johanna Jonsdoter from Wings [apparently Södra Ving] in _____ pensioner in Hällunda.” I know that Hällunda was within the boundaries of Böne parish. I also know that Södra Ving parish, where she lived before moving to Böne parish, belonged to Ås häradsrätt, but I don’t know if the abbreviation “Å. H. Fors.” refers to the häradsrätt or something else. [The only translation I know for “Fors.” is as an abbreviation for “församling,” meaning parish. I find no parishes in Älvsborg län beginning with the initials Å. H.] Could someone please translate “Å. H. Fors.” for me?

I noticed that the title at the top of the page says the records are for Böne Mother Parish. Is that an indication that the place where Johanna died might have belonged to a sub-parish of Böne Mother Parish rather than to Böne itself?

I also noticed that her record (between numbers 4 and 5 for 1868) is not numbered. Is that an indication that she died outside the boundaries of Böne Mother Parish? I have searched the Södra Ving death records and do not find this Johanna Jonsdotter listed.

Finally, could someone please translate the word preceding “i Wing Å. h.” in the last column of the record? I think it begins with “Skatt,” but I haven’t found a word that I think matches it in the 1788 Swedish English Dictionary online at http://swedishgenealogyguide.com/dictionaries/1788-swedish-english-dictionary .

Thank you very much to anyone who can help me understand the details in this record.

Linda Johnson

2017-05-01, 02:27
Svar #1

Utloggad Leif Lundkvist

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4518
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 03:37
    • Visa profil
She actually died in Böne, but she was not a member of that parish, thus she was not counted in Böne. She should have been registered and counted in the parish where she was a member. You say she left Södra Ving, was she registered in Böne, I can't se her in Hällunda? Where was she registered in Ving before the movment? I'm quite sure "Ving in Ås Härad" was the name of the Södra Ving parish at that time, as there was another Ving not far away. The word to the right is "Skattskrifwen" (Skattskriven), registerd for tax (in Ving in Ås Härad). There might have been a controversy between Ving and Böne, Ving said she had moved but Böne had not accepted that, thus she was not properly registerd in neither parish.

2017-05-02, 02:44
Svar #2

Utloggad Linda Johnson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 40
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-26, 18:38
    • Visa profil
Many thanks to Leif for answering all of my questions about the abbreviations and vocabulary in Johanna Jonsdoter’s death record. With the information you gave me, I found a map of “Ving i Ås Härad” which confirms that it was the location of Södra Ving parish.

I see that questions and answers about individual people are not allowed in this category, so I will post a new message in the “Swedish Names” category to try to answer Leif’s questions about Johanna’s places of residence.

Best wishes,
Linda Johnson

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna