ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help Reading Abbreviations in Husförhörslängder  (läst 965 gånger)

2017-05-07, 20:50
läst 965 gånger

Utloggad Kelly Derrick

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 20
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-01-02, 21:32
    • Visa profil
Hello Experts!
I need help reading a little abbreviation indicating where my great-grandfather was born.  He was working at his future father-in-law's farm at the time, but I cannot tell where he was born.  Could you please tell me what that little squiggle next to the purple arrow, by Olof Olsson's name means?
Tack så mycket! :)

2017-05-07, 23:30
Svar #1

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21880
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 19:20
    • Visa profil

Since the parish is Värmskog, I guess that sts is a shortening of Stavnäs, one of the annex parishes of Värmskog.
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2017-05-08, 20:32
Svar #2

Utloggad Kelly Derrick

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thanks for your reply Maud.  My problem now is that I cannot find any Olof Olofsson's born in 1760 and christened in Stavnäs.  I found one christened at the church in Högerud in September of 1760, although I can't see any mention of Stavnäs in that record.  I guess that must be him because all of the other Olof Olofsson's were christened in parishes much further away:  Eda, Boda, Gåsborn, or Övre Ullerud. I am trying to find the family in husförhörslängder.  Thanks for your help.  :)

2017-05-08, 21:10
Svar #3

Utloggad Kelly Derrick

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
I just found out that it probably can't be the Olof christened in 1760 in Högerud because his parents christened another Olof 10 years later in 1770.  Does anybody have any ideas?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna