ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help reading name of a parish in Finland  (läst 2513 gånger)

2017-07-03, 05:17
läst 2513 gånger

Utloggad Daniel Steilen

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-06-10, 01:52
    • Visa profil
I am trying to figure out the name of a parish in Finland that is listed on a Husförhör. It is the birthplace of Agnita Jönsdotter on the second line of the attached image. It is on page 98 of the 1653-1686 Husförhör for Grangärde, Kopparberg.

I found this one tree that has her birthplace listed as Tårnio Aulu Finland, but it doesn't seem like that is what the record actually says. I also don't get any results for Tårnio Aulu when I search for it on Google.

Any help would be appreciated.

2017-07-03, 07:41
Svar #1

Utloggad Arne Granquist

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1427
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-04-17, 19:54
    • Visa profil

I Think it just reads Tornio / Torneå
There are also  Alatornio / Nedertorneå and
Ylitornio / Övertorneå

2017-07-04, 14:31
Svar #2

Utloggad Håkan Bergström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1337
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 22:21
    • Visa profil
It's Tornio / Oulu in the north (Swedish Torneå / Uleåborg). But those are two distinct places some 140 km apart.
The Finns in south Sweden came from Savo or northern Häme provinces in Finland.

I believe the name in the husförhörsbok consists of two words, the 2nd being 'soch' = sochen = socken (with modern spelling), which means district/parish.
The fist word starts with a 'T', 2nd letter 'r'. But then....?

Below a better image of the page.

2017-07-06, 00:09
Svar #3

Utloggad Daniel Steilen

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-06-10, 01:52
    • Visa profil
Thank you both for your help. It does look like the second part could be soch. The first part sort of looks like Torn.

I was under the impression that most Finns in this area came from Savo, as Håkan said. I know some were from Rautalampi in particular. I've been looking at the parish list here, but none of them seem to match exactly. Do these parishes have different names in Swedish and is there a list of the names in Swedish somewhere?

I think I will also check more of the Grangärde records and see if I can find the same place written elsewhere, where it might be easier to read. 

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna