ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Translation of ArkivDigital v29640.b155.s301  (läst 2532 gånger)

2017-09-03, 21:59
läst 2532 gånger

Utloggad Thomas Neil

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 51
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-19, 01:15
    • Visa profil
    • none at this time
I need some help with a translation in ArkivDigital. AID: v29640.b155.s301.
I am trying to read the birth record on the bottom of the left page dated March 1st. The name is Gustaf. I can’t make out what else it says. Can someone please help me.
Thank you,
Tom Neil

2017-09-04, 14:23
Svar #1

Utloggad Bo Nordenfors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5383
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-27, 14:38
    • Visa profil
The child´s name was Carl Gustaf. Olof Meurling is the father, his wife nee Rudebeck is the mother. I used the KGF database (not free of charge) and it also tells that the  mother's first names were Maria Christina. Place Skrämbohult Sg (Sg. is short for Södergård, i.e. the southern farm of Skrämbohult)

2017-09-04, 22:57
Svar #2

Utloggad Thomas Neil

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
    • none at this time

2017-09-05, 00:00
Svar #3

Utloggad Thomas Neil

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
    • none at this time

2017-09-05, 16:03
Svar #4

Utloggad Hans Olof Johansson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3226
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-14, 10:15
    • Visa profil
    • www.secutor.se/genealogi/index.html
Hi Tom,

The "KGF database" most probably refers to a rersource published by Kronobergs genealogiska förening (http://genealogi-kgf.se/home-eng.html). At least in this instance it doesn't seem to be very accurate, though. Olof Meurling's son, baptised on March 1st 1762, was in fact named Paul Gustaf, as you can see in the household examination books (Algutsboda AI:2, p 651, and Algutsboda AI:3 (1782-1798), p 527)

Best regards,
Hans Olof
* Hans Olof Johansson 
* Uppsala, Sweden   
* http://www.secutor.se/genealogi/  

2017-09-05, 19:36
Svar #5

Utloggad Bertil Strömberg

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 600
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 22:44
    • Visa profil
This is an attempt to read the original text in your reference:

Döptes välbördige herr sergeantens Olof Meurlings och? dess? kiera fru (blank) Rudebeck li. son och blef kallat Påll Gustaf ifrån Skrämbohult sörg.
Testes: leutnanten välbördige Hr Olof Anders Brunh i Östra Måhla, Corpralen Anders Johan Meurling, Per Swensson i Moshult, Per Carlsson i Skrämbohult.

Translation:
Christened: the honourable sergeant's Olof Meurling's and? its? beloved wife (blank) Rudebeck li(ttle) son and was called Påll Gustaf from Skrämbohult's southern farm. Testes (=witnesses): The honourable lieutenant Anders Bruhn in Östra Måhla, the corporal Anders Johan Meurling, Per Swensson in Moshult, Per Carlsson in Skrämbohult.

In the 18th century the title "herr" (mister) was not accorded to everyone, but to people in a (somewhat) elevated position. Note that the sergeant and the lieutnant were "herr", but the corporal not. The word "välbördig" is hard to translate. It indicates that a person was of good birth or parentage, but if that  meant that the parents had an elevated position, or just that the person was not an illegitimite child, probably varied from time to time.

Regards/Bertil

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna