ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with translation of post card  (läst 1449 gånger)

2018-03-10, 17:43
läst 1449 gånger

Utloggad Robert Goranson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 29
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-05-09, 06:18
    • Visa profil
Hello,

This is a post card that I believe was sent to my FM (Ellen) in USA from her parents in Sweden around 1920.

I tried translating it with Google Translate but I think I need a little help please.

Please take a look below and at the pictures.

My reading:
Front of post card:
Kär är dch gamla hrared
Back of post card:
Ja vi fä nu på dct hjärllig aste lyckönska dig, allisaminains, sand sönda dig denua vy från Filipstad. Def är folkskdan urkn nu känner du noa igru den. Den är nu tellbggod nå myckch som från de där hvå märkena (xx).

Google Translate:
Front or postcard:
Love is that old hrared
Back of postcard:
Yes, we are now happy to congratulate you, allisaminains, true sand you denua view from Filipstad. Def is the people who know you now you know it. It is now a storybook now myckch as from those white marks (xx).

Thanks in advance.

Bob

2018-03-10, 18:40
Svar #1

Utloggad Per Pettersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1476
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-18, 21:23
    • Visa profil

Hi Robert!

The text in Swedish on the backside of the card are:"  Ja, vi får nu på det hjärtligaste lyckönska Dig, allesammans, samt sända Dig denna vy från Filipstad. Det är folkskolan men nu känner Du nog igen den. Den är nu tillbyggd, så mycket som från de två märkena (XX)".
Translation:
Yes, we will now with the heartiest happiness congratulate you, and send this view from Filipstad. This is the Elementary School and you will, surely, recognize it. The school is now extended so much as from the marks (X-X).
Per

2018-03-11, 04:43
Svar #2

Utloggad Robert Goranson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thanks Per.

Now I understand.  Apparently they increased the size of the school building, since last Ellen had seen it. 

I realize now it is a school building.  I was surprised the school building was that big since the population is around 6,000 people or so in Filipstad in the early 1900's.

I did find some photographs showing the building in later years.  It looks like it is a pretty area.

Thanks again.

Bob

2018-03-11, 16:22
Svar #3

Utloggad Marianne Karlsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 469
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-25, 10:25
    • Visa profil
And Front of postcard: "här är det gamla huset" in hand writing means:
"Here is the old house" - between the two marks XX.

2018-03-11, 17:21
Svar #4

Utloggad Robert Goranson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Wow.

Thanks Marianne.

I wonder if they built the new school where Ellen's family lived at one time.  That could be
 just a guess.

Ellen's Father is Nils Nilsson (born 1856 in Brattfors).  The Family moved from Storbrohyttan, Färnebo Parish to Nyhyttan, Färnebo Parish then to Holmberget, Östra Utroten, Filipstad Parish.  Maybe that is where the school sits in Filipstad?

The last place I have of a residence for Nils is from the Bouppteckning dated 1939,  Nils was living at Stadsägan Nr. 699, Filipstad.

Thanks again.

Bob

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna