ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Translation of parts of a marriage record  (läst 1023 gånger)

2018-03-16, 16:40
läst 1023 gånger

Utloggad Donna Aasness

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 16
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-07-17, 01:16
    • Visa profil
Looking for help translating the underlined parts of this marriage record.  I understand the rest to read:

November day 12 _______1st _________________
tenant farmer and ___________________________ Pehr Jöns
son of Södra Åby, and Miss Ingar Nilsdotter
of No. 8 Stora Isie.  He was born in Södra Åby
date of 27 May 1820, and she in Stora Isie date of 28 Nov
1825.  _____________married man ________________father
Nils Pehrsson Brink of Stora Isie.
         _______ day 8 Dec 1848

Thank you for your help.

2018-03-17, 11:26
Svar #1

Utloggad Marianne Karlsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 469
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-25, 10:25
    • Visa profil
Hi
They were married on Dec 8 but first there is banns of marriage published. This is 1st time (of 3)
 "lystes 1a gång för glasmästardrängen och tillträdande hemmansbrukaren Pehr........  Såsom gifteman tillstädeskom hennes far åboen Nils.....           Vigde= Married Dec 8"

He had work as  man/porter/handy-man? to a glass worker AND should soon take over a small farm (=hemman).

Is this clear enough or perhaps someone else can explain it better?
Marianne

2018-03-17, 13:33
Svar #2

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi again, I forgot to translate one line:
As witness (or something like a person to give away the bride) =giftoman, her father Nils was present in person.
"Åbo ...." is his title, a kind of farmer.

2018-03-17, 16:13
Svar #3

Utloggad Donna Aasness

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thank you for the help Marianne, I appreciate the parts I was not able to read spelled out, that way I can look for the same script in other records.  I understand they were married on the 8th of December, I see now that vigde before the date, but I am not fully understanding the banns of marriage published part.  I now think it was the 1st marriage for Pehr because I went back to the records and see they are all recorded 1st.  Or perhap I need to understand more about the three times published part.  This has been so helpful for me, thanks again.

2018-03-17, 17:46
Svar #4

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Earlier in Sweden a couple wishing to get married went to the priest "to ask to have the banns of marriage published".
 Det lyste = it was announced in the Church Three Sundays in succession to let the people know - and if anyone had something to hold against the marriage they were supposed to say so, I guess. There used to be a feast at each of the bride and groom´s home these Sundays and they received gifts - maybe not in 1820 but in the 20th Century!
So, it was sure their 1st marriage as nothing else is said in the text. No widow/widower.
There is no better translation for "Lysning" or "lysa" in my Dictionary.             Marianne

2018-03-17, 20:15
Svar #5

Utloggad Donna Aasness

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Oh Marianne, that makes perfect sense to me now that you explained it like that.  Thank you for taking the extra time to explain it to me and I find it very interesting.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna