ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Smart ideas for looking for my unknown Brother *Chicago*  (läst 2974 gånger)

2018-08-29, 20:19
läst 2974 gånger

Utloggad Kristina Parmlind

• Färnebo-Lover
  • Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 9
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-01-16, 21:05
    • Visa profil

I have a tuff question - Need some smart ideas or is it a needle in the hay stack check-out?

A few years ago I found out I have a half brother that was born i Chicago 1950.

My father was already married to my half sisters mom Mary at that time. My half sister Mona was born in N.Y. 12 Jan 1950.

The only thing my sister Mona knows that it was a: "male born in Chicago 2 weeks of 12 Jan 1950! "  And of course Mary was very angry! (end of leads)

Anybody has a smart way to sort this out? I really like to know if this gentleman is still alive, and 68 yrs is no age. But I have no names to go on. Only the around 12 Jan 1950 date.

So my question is.... Where do I start? Is it possible to find this baby as my father is the father? Can I request research from somewhere? Can I look somewhere? Please help!

Since I do not want to print my fathers name here you got to email me if someone likes to help me.

Kristinafe

2018-08-30, 23:23
Svar #1

Utloggad Paul Bergström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1522
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-27, 15:41
    • Visa profil
Without you explicitely telling it I presume it is your father that fathered a child in Chicago around January 12th 1950?

So if so, the first assumption or question is was your father's name registered as the father of that child? If so the way would be to  look for registered births and hopefully your dad ahows up.

If not, there are other more troublesome options.

1. Another person is registered as a father. Should mean it is impossible to find unless you and that child by chance are DNA-matched.
2. Nobody is registered. Also DNA could solve it.

Well that was my suggestions.

/Paul

2018-09-03, 14:12
Svar #2

• Färnebo-Lover
  • Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thank you for your answer.

Can you recomend any specific DNA-test?

//

Kristinafe

2018-09-03, 15:14
Svar #3

Utloggad Paul Bergström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1522
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-27, 15:41
    • Visa profil
No, not really. DNA is not my thing, but I guess someone else should have some suggestions.

/Paul

2018-09-04, 13:05
Svar #4

• Färnebo-Lover
  • Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Kristinafe

2018-09-07, 22:09
Svar #5

Utloggad Erik Persson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 63
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-11, 08:55
    • Visa profil
Hi!

On https://www.familysearch.org/search/record you can search for births in 1950.
Leave first names + last names blank
Then fill out Birthplace Illinois and period 1950-1950 then write your fathers name under Parents.
If he was officially registered as the child's father then he might show up.
After that you can try to track him via the White pages or https://www.mylife.com/
If your father wasn't mentioned anywhere it is only likely that you can find him if he submitted his dna to any of the larger companies. Try Ancestry.com which has the largest database, preferably using your fathers DNA if he is still alive or your own. Krgds Erik

2018-09-08, 21:36
Svar #6

• Färnebo-Lover
  • Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thank you very much Erik for your anwer! I'll try it out!
Unfortunately my father is dead. Question is, can I use my sons DNA?

/Chris
Kristinafe

2018-09-08, 22:23
Svar #7

Utloggad Erik Persson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 63
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-11, 08:55
    • Visa profil
Hi Kristina,
The closer the better. The further away genetically you are, the higher risk that less DNA is common/shared. You, as a female, did not pass on any Y-DNA to your son. So he doesn't have any Y-DNA shared with your brother. He's got all Y-DNA from his fathers side and some X-DNA from you. So your autosomal DNA will be the closest match. I would spend the money on your DNA first hand. Krgds Erik

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna