ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Translation from Brandstad tax registry 1776  (läst 934 gånger)

2018-09-13, 02:23
läst 934 gånger

Utloggad George Lind

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 252
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-01-25, 15:36
    • Visa profil
Attached are two images from Brandstad tax registry of 1776.
The highlighted record for Torkel Olsson.  He is living at No 25.
He has a number one in the column next to his name.  The second image is the title of that column.

Here are the links to the record on the Swedish National Archives

https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/A0005531_00841  (column headings)
https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/A0005531_00842  (Torkel Olsson at No. 25)

Can anyone translate the record and the column title?
Thanks

2018-09-13, 11:47
Svar #1

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 443
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-16, 13:05
    • Visa profil
Hi!

In the first picture it says : afkortade matlag. That means an abbreviated/shortened matlag. A matlag is directly translated a "food team", a group that is provided with food from someone. The other picture shows the persons that are in the matlag I think. Old Törkel Ohlsson his wife and some more people. I may have time to take a look at the original pictures later and see more if no other has answered you.

Regards Klas

2018-09-14, 02:17
Svar #2

Utloggad George Lind

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you for the translation.  Can you make out the names listed?  Torkel Olsson should have a wife and children listed.  He had a son named Olof and I was wondering if his daughters were listed.
George

2018-09-14, 13:23
Svar #3

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 443
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-16, 13:05
    • Visa profil
Hi again!

I think it says: Törkel Ohlsson, wife, three children, Ohla (the name Ola) followed by something I can't be sure of because of the black part in the middle of the book. It might be the name Åke but I don't think so because the word seems to continue. It might be the names of the first children or other persons in the household. If you search for some particular children of Torkel you might get help from some experts on Brandstad if you explain your problems under the Parish Brandstad. I am not familiar with that Parish my self but I saw that the household examinations started quite late, 1803, so that makes it a bit difficult. Have you used household inventories?

Good Luck!

2018-09-14, 14:12
Svar #4

Utloggad George Lind

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you again for all your help.
George

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna