ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with understanding comments in death record  (läst 1584 gånger)

2018-10-19, 18:56
läst 1584 gånger

Utloggad Rueben Grue

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 12
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-04-14, 17:28
    • Visa profil
Hi. I am hoping someone will be able to help me understand this record. The scanned image is from Färila parish in Gävleborg and records some additional information on Karin Michelsdotter death. The record is from Archivdigtal, Färila (X) HVIa:2 (1734-1768) Image 77 / Page 148 (first entry on the left side). I am having difficulty with the names of her parents. I believe they are Michel Michelsson and Brita Matsdotter from the farm Kårböleskog.

Karin Michelsdotter was the sister to my 7th great grandfather (Michel Michelsson, 1672-1724). The death records of other siblings do not record the name of the parents, although one records the father as Michel Michelsson.

I have attached a picture of the entry. I realize that the handwriting is difficult to read. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rueben Grue
Rueben Grue

2018-10-19, 20:57
Svar #1

Utloggad Leif Lundkvist

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4518
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 19:09
    • Visa profil

2018-10-20, 16:21
Svar #2

Utloggad Rueben Grue

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thanks, Leif.  I appreciate your confirmation.  Can you read any of the other comments?  Rueben
Rueben Grue

2018-10-21, 19:16
Svar #3

Utloggad Bertil Strömberg

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 600
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 22:44
    • Visa profil
 The aged maid Karin Michelsdotter from Kårböleskog, born 1661, the father was the leaseholder under the Crown, Michel Michelson in Kårböleskog and the mother hustru ( the title "hustru" normally indicates a wife or a widow of a farmer or a tradesman ) Brita Matsd(otte)r. Christened. Been with her parents as long as they lived, but now in later years sought her subsistence where she could. Led a peaceful life and often came to the Holy Communion, which happened six weeks ago. Her disease was lack of breath and old age infirmity. Died (went to sleep) in the Lords (grace) on May 30. Her whole lifespan was 81 years.
(The word after 81 I cannot read. The word thereafter reads “gratui” i.e. “for free”)

2018-10-21, 20:26
Svar #4

Utloggad Rueben Grue

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much, Bertil! :)  I am very appreciative.  Many entries in the Färila parish death records provide additional details.  Unfortunately, I am not able to make out most of the details.  Thanks again for your response.  Rueben
Rueben Grue

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna