ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with a very long death record...Olof Horn, Kopparberg, Sweden  (läst 1732 gånger)

2018-10-20, 19:46
läst 1732 gånger

Utloggad Kevin Casey

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 94
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-23, 17:45
    • Visa profil
From the Död- and begravningsböckerchurch books of Nås Parish, in August of 1819, is a record of the death of Olof Horn:

https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/C0013492_00047#?c=&m=&s=&cv=46&xywh=-59%2C258%2C3434%2C2100

This record, though, is quite lengthy (about one and a half pages), and beyond my ability to clearly decypher. I can read his home location and wife's name (Christina Lagg), but this almost seems more like poetry to my poor skills than a list of facts. Perhaps it is a eulogy?

I could not hope for a complete translation, but I was wondering someone might be able to scan the document and let me know what sort of record this is (i.e., perhaps a brief summary), and any interesting or important facts that make themselves known.

Thank you!
Kevin

2018-10-21, 12:56
Svar #1

Utloggad Per Eriksson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1366
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 09:25
    • Visa profil

2018-10-21, 18:15
Svar #2

Utloggad Bertil Strömberg

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 600
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 22:44
    • Visa profil
 I believe the text is a copy of the manuscript for the burial sermon. Most of it is a general lamentation over the burden of life and the fact that we all must die. The facts about Olof Horn are the following: He was a master plate smith at Lindesnäs bruk (steelmill). 1814 he was married to his wife Christina Lagg, who survived him. In their marriage they had three children, of which one died before the father, but a son survived. Master Horn had all summer suffered from a disease similar to oedema, which led to his death, which occurred on August 21. At his death he was 45 years and 8 months old.
The section about the children is unclear. It says that the couple had three children and that one died before the father, “but for one son and one daughter, small and helpless, the loss becomes irreplaceable”.

2018-10-27, 00:54
Svar #3

Utloggad Kevin Casey

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 94
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-23, 17:45
    • Visa profil
Thank you very much, Bertil! This is very helpful, and will make this much easier for me to attempt to translate.

Kevin

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna