ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help translating a household exam from Västra Torsås  (läst 1051 gånger)

2019-01-05, 19:09
läst 1051 gånger

Utloggad Douglas A Nelson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 96
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-24, 10:43
    • Visa profil
Hello,

I wonder if someone could please help me interpret the attached household exam from Västra Torsås AI:1 (1773-1789), p. 160?  I am interested in Elin Månsdotter, listed with her parents Måns and Anna.  Elin is crossed out, with what appears to be an abbreviation “abs. 1782” after her name.  To the right are two lines crossed out that I cannot read; there appears to be the names Anders and Lars and a location ending in “hult.”  Can someone please read these lines for me?  Can you also please read the name of the child listed below Elin?

I am curious about the abbrevation “abs.” which I took to mean “absent.”  This makes sense in Elin’s case because she is crossed out, and is not present at this location in Västra Torsås AI:2.  However, “abs. 84” follows the parent’s names, they are not crossed out; indeed they are present at this location (Olofshylte) in Västra Torsås AI:2, p. 160.  If I understand this wrong, please correct me. 

Thank you for your time and help,
Doug Nelson

2019-01-05, 23:30
Svar #1

Utloggad Kalle Birgersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5026
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 17:53
    • Visa profil
I can't read the crossed out section either, it looks like "bosatt hos Anders Lars(son) i Storhult" but there doesn't seem to be any such place reasonably close. But the name below Elin is "dott(er) Ingebor".Absent can also be for only a shorter amount of time, maybe only that very day when the priest are trying to register them. Or they might be off for seasonal work somewhere.

2019-01-06, 01:34
Svar #2

Utloggad Leif Lundkvist

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4518
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 17:46
    • Visa profil
Here abs is probably absolverad = given forgiveness for their sins.

2019-01-06, 12:09
Svar #3

Utloggad Douglas A Nelson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 96
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-24, 10:43
    • Visa profil

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna