ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help reading birth record in Tolgs parish  (läst 1382 gånger)

2019-02-10, 11:01
läst 1382 gånger

Utloggad Douglas A Nelson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 96
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-24, 10:43
    • Visa profil
Can someone please help me interpret the attached birth record of Brita Margreta, born 11 Sept 1766, in Tolgs parish?  I am unfamiliar with the term "Bakfots" (sp??).  In various clerical exams she is named Britta Greta Carlsdotter or Britta Greta Bakfots.  I assume it refers to a birth out of wedlock; though I have usually seen "oakta" in that circumstance.  I can't see a father's name.

Also, can you please read the mother's name and where she is from?  I can read Lisa Regina, but am unsure of her surname.  I would like to try to find the family in the Tolgs clerical exams, and knowing the location would help (although the books then have no registers).

I am also intrigued that one of the witnesses is "Mademoiselle" Cath...  That, and the mother's name Lisa Regina..., make me wonder if the family were not farmers, typical of all my ancestors (not that there is anything wrong with being a Bonde or Torpare!).

Thank you,
Doug Nelson

2019-02-10, 13:40
Svar #1

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 443
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-16, 13:05
    • Visa profil
HI!

The father was the non commissioned officer Bakfot who lived on Källreda nästagård in Tolg. He was what we call a Förare which in the 17th Century was the third rank for non-commissioned officers. Later on he became a Sergeant which was the fourth step. During that time a Sergeant had a higher status than during later times. You can find the family on page 287 in AI/3. The wife may be a daughter to another non-commissioned officer or a priest. I my self have an ancestor who had a Furir (second rank for N-C officers) as father and a daughter to a priest as mother during the early 18h century. I think it says that your ancestor was called Lisa Regina Ameries but I am not fully sure of the surname. I may check it up and see what I can find I have some records from that part of Småland but I am not sure they are from Tolg though. Also the non-commissioned officers was often the sons of farmers and the higher officers as Captains and so on was often from the higher society, the nobles. During the 16th Century and probably also the 17th, the Förare was the person who had the flag/ensign. Also I think the förare had a horse and the name bakfot (back foot) has probably more to do with his horse than the förare himself.

One thing that is confusing is that the household examination book for Tolg AI/3 has several sections with the same places. One thing that is strange though is that the later parts of the book is supposed to be from 1765 and the earlier part from 1755-1763(?). But on page 286 you can find your ancestor Brita Margareta (noted as Brigitta Greta) born in 1766.

By the way Doug, I have found some that might be interesting for you regarding Peter Andersson. I will probably have time to post about it tonight.

Regards Klas

2019-02-10, 13:55
Svar #2

Utloggad Christina Helmby

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6099
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 09:48
    • Visa profil
Carl Bakfoth was a sergeant in Kronobergs regemente, Sunnderbo kompani, see

https://gw.geneanet.org/jgranath?lang=en&pz=tommy+jan+ake&nz=granath&p=carl&n=bakfoth

the family is in Källreda Nästagård,
Tolg (G) AI:3 (1755-1765) Bild 209 / sid 401

see: https://forum.genealogi.se/index.php?topic=68457.0

the witness was mademoiselle Catharina Eleonora Strålenhielm, so
No they were not farmers.

Eagle

2019-02-10, 15:41
Svar #3

Utloggad Kristina Gunnarsdotter

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6194
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-21, 11:59
    • Visa profil
Mother is Elisabet (Lisa) Regina Amerin, b 1727 in Tolg.
Tolg C:1 (1718-1860) Bild 200 / sid 29 (AID: v30200a.b200.s29, NAD: SE/VALA/00380)

2019-02-10, 20:54
Svar #4

Utloggad Douglas A Nelson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 96
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-24, 10:43
    • Visa profil
Thank you all for your generous help!  I have soldiers among my ancestors named Thor, Sturk and Lindh, but Bakfot is a first!  I obviously never considered that was a name.  I have now been able to fill in many details on this family, but am still looking for Carl (Andersson) Bakfot's birth in 1723.  I'll keep looking in other parishes in the Tolg/Aneboda area.  Thank you again.

Doug Nelson

2019-02-10, 21:02
Svar #5

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 443
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-16, 13:05
    • Visa profil
Apparently there was an older thread on this site that mentioned Carl Andersson Bakfot under "Bakfot". He was first a Furir in Kronobergs regemente södra sunnerbo kompani and was born in 1723-01-02. They got married in 1754-01-06 in Hinneryd socken. Perhaps he was born there or at least lived there before the marriage. I also found that Lisa Regina Amerins mother was a daughter to the lawman/assessor Bengt Nilsson Ekerman from Eksjö in Småland. He was a member of a family from Småland that is known from the mid 16th Century.
/Klas

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna