ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Aulin, Victor * 1882 Brahestad  (läst 754 gånger)

2010-04-21, 05:30
läst 754 gånger

Utloggad Michael Bankston

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 36
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-01-17, 18:07
    • Visa profil
I am trying to find information on a person that was born in Raahe - Brahestad. I have tried to find information with the Finnish Records but haven't been able to get anything definite yet. After looking at the location of Raahe I figured that since it is near the Border between Finland and Sweden there might be records on the Swedish Side.

The Person I am doing research on is Victor Aulin b. Mar 22, 1882 to Mother: Margareta Myllylä b. Jun 30, 1858 d. Feb 11, 1930
Most of the people I have talked to cannot give me an answer on the Father. I have been told that he was born out of wedlock and they would only list the father's last name. Victor immigrated to the United States in 1900 according to the 1910 Census. He settled in Astoria Oregon and got married to Hilda M Hyyppa in 1905. Victor had a 2 children with Hilda, Victor Ension Aulin and Sylvia Aulin.
Victor Died in Astoria,Or Dec, 14, 1921.

I do have a little bit of experience with towns on the Border of Sweden and Finland. I have relatives that were born in Ylitornio, Finland and have found records for my Families on both sides. Also I have relatives from Norrbotten and have found records on both sides also. Do you think that I might be able to find records of Victor's birth and family in the Swedish records?

2010-04-21, 15:17
Svar #1

Utloggad Håkan Bergström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1337
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 22:21
    • Visa profil
Unless Victor lived in Sweden there will be no records on him there.

Have you checked out the Raahe birth record? It can sometimes include the full name of the father even if the child is born out of wedlock.

Otherwise you should have somebody check the Raahe court records for 1882 to see if the mother filed an allowence claim.

The link leads you to older Finnish church records
http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/index_eng.htm

2011-08-06, 10:06
Svar #2

Utloggad Moderator USA

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1328
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Transferred from topic Discussions in English/Emigrants

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna