ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Ramberg in Lima - Missing persons  (läst 1017 gånger)

2005-03-21, 22:57
läst 1017 gånger

declan ramberg

looking to trace children of olof olsson ramberg  born 1837 d 1911 and margareta persdotter b 1835  they lived in lima village.
children: kerstin b 1863, margareta b 1866, olof b 1868, carin b 1871. margareta, kerstin  moved to stockholm in 1888. olof emigrated to england.

2005-03-22, 16:07
Svar #1

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

From the CD Söder i våra hjärtan
Kerstin Olsdotter Ramberg born 28 March 1863 in Leksand, is found at Åsögatan 26 in Stockholm in 1888. She is laborer at a factory.
She moves to various addressess, but she is with the Wagner family at Åsögatan 58 in 1900. (Wagner item already replied to)
and she moved out from that family in 1915 and then lived alone - she mvoes to Enskede 16 Febr. 1923 - please compare with the information given in the Wagner case.  

Margareta not found this CD, but it only covers a small part of Stockholm.

Bo Nordenfors

2005-03-22, 16:15
Svar #2

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

Olof Ramberg came 24 July 1888 to Stockholm from Leksand. He was born in Leksand on 16 Nov. 1868. His occupation is laborer.Enlisted for military service 1889, enlisted Stockholms Sjömanshus 15 April 1893, he is a sailor. 1895 he is travelling with onboard a ship. 1897 he is recorded in the attachment - appears he is still sailing.

Source: CD Söder i våra hjärtan

2005-03-22, 22:02
Svar #3

declan ramberg

Oh boy! a lot of questions!!!!
Carl Olofs mother Margareta Persdotter died on March 20th 1872. She was 37 years old at the time. What was the cause of death? Carin the youngest (10 months) was looked after by a family called Niss in Dalarna. Who looked after the rest of the children? Would any photographs exist of the Ramberg family of this time???
I have so many names and dates of births etc dating back hundreds of years that I would love to find out about them!! impossible I know but it is nice to dream
Where might I find information on Carl Olof military service. Is there a source that I can look up? How detailed are the records? what information do they record?
Was it the merchant navy or Swedish navy that he joined?. When you say he is recorded in the attachment what do you mean? Is Stockholms Skömanus a regiment? where might I find information.Would he have needed an exit document to leave Sweden, where might I look for same?  
Does any information exist on Kerstins and Olof work,i.e what type of work they undertook?

2005-03-23, 11:47
Svar #4

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

1.Margareta Persdotter, cause of death  -sorry I am not able to find that information. Either you must check the church records (microcards or thru Genline - www.genline.se   - not free. One have to look her up in the parish where she lived at the time of her death - either in the clerical survey (in Swedish  - husförhörslängd) or in the book of deaths  (Dödbok in Swedish). Perhaps another researcher holding the microcards and /or subscriber of the Genline can help.  
2.  Who was looking after the children - sorry! This must be checked either in the clerical survey and/or with relatives, who still know something.  
3. Photographs - no idea - I am not related    -also refers to relatives living.

4.  Military service - the information I found only said he was enlisted. Records hold by the War archives in Stockholm, probably also in the Stockholm City Archives. How much information - no idea.  Suggest you first try the Swedish roots site, mentioned below to get general information.

5. He joined the merchant navy.  
6. The attachment - a special book showing people not present - due to their job as sailors, people who had escaped from either military service or perhaps emigrated, the clue is: missing persons in a parish.

7. Stockholms Sjömanshus - an authority to whom you must turn if you were going to work as a sailor. their records are partly online - but against a fee. I am sure many reseachers already subscribing to the service given by Arkion   at www.arkion.se

General information about Swedish Genealogy:  http://www.genealogi.se/roots/

Bo Nordenfors

2005-03-23, 11:50
Svar #5

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

The occupations of Kerstin and Olof were mentioned by me yesterday, the are said to be laborers, for Kerstin is it said she is working for a factory making lamps.

Bo Nordenfors

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna