ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Hage, Nils O returned 1885-1897 to Sweden - returned US 1898?  (läst 1808 gånger)

2008-05-28, 15:07
läst 1808 gånger

Utloggad John Hage

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 77
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-02-27, 06:03
    • Visa profil
Thanks Bo,
I was not aware of that.  I've heard of the certificates of permission to marry, permission to work in a particular place, and now of permission to move out.  What other types of certificates were needed during that time?
John H.

2008-05-28, 20:11
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi John,

Yes, I've been to the Swenson Center a lot of times, but it is not at all close to where I live. I have to drive a few hours to get there. I usually go on a Monday afternoon or evening (since the Swenson Center is closed on Mondays), research Tuesday through Friday, and return home on Friday (if I'm not too tired) or Saturday morning. I haven't been there recently since I've found much of what I need, but sometimes I want to go there. I doubt I'll be going there any time in the next few months, however.

The Swenson Center is fantastic and the campus (Augustana College) is beautiful. (I graduated from Augustana in 1967, so visiting there is nostalgic for me.)

Judy

2008-05-29, 15:20
Svar #2

Utloggad John Hage

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hi Judy,
I hate to impose and don't make a special trip, but the next time you're at Swenson could you possibly try a look-up for me?  I've lost Kristina Johannesdotter Gullskog's trail in Reed City, Michigan.  She may have married there and I suspect she may have passed away in Michigan before 1897.  Her date of birth was 09/14/1867 in Ny parish, Värmland.  She emigrated 04/22/1887 and it appears she arrived in New York on 05/28/1887.  I grew up in Belvidere, IL, so I remember how beautiful the midwest is, especially in autumn.  However, I now live about 1,000 miles away so its not so easy to get to Augustana.  Too bad their archives aren't on-line.
Thanks,
John H.

2008-05-29, 17:16
Svar #3

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
I can't make any trip soon. I had major surgery last week, and soon I have to receive a lot of treatment which will last a few months. I doubt I will remember this request by the time I get there, which could be a year or more from now. I don't have great urgency to get there soon, since I have mined their resources many times over the last few years and it is only a few new finds which have to be checked.

I doubt those records will ever be online.

Perhaps someone who lives closer will be able to help you. Perhaps you could post on a locality board near there and ask someone to check for you. The Swenson Center is in Rock Island County, Illinois. There should be boards for that county on Rootsweb and Genforum.

Judy

2008-05-29, 20:49
Svar #4

Utloggad John Hage

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Judy,
I wish you a complete recovery and many years to follow.  I had good success with my surgery and lengthy treatments a few years ago.  It is miraculous what can be done today that wasn't available even a few short years ago.  Thank you for the suggestions.  I'll check those sources.
John H.

2008-07-23, 15:36
Svar #5

Utloggad John Hage

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hello,
Would it be possible for someone to copy and paste a photo of the entire estate inventory from the Olof Jansson and Anna Ersdotter estate for my documentation (please see the partial copy in the posting above)?  If it's too large, could it be sent via e-mail?  Also, is it possible to locate the farm on a map? Someday I'd like to visit the area where my grandfather grew up.
Thanks,
John H.

2008-08-01, 15:31
Svar #6

Utloggad John Hage

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hello,
In a posting from Stefan Dake under Anbytarforum » Landskap » Värmland » Socknar » Nyed, on 10 maj 2008 - 23:53, I saw an old map of the Nyed parish.  It had the title: Ur Häradsekonomiska kartan (1883-1895).  I wonder if there is such a map for the Ny parish of Värmland that shows Hungalsvik?
Thank you,
John H.

2008-08-01, 16:23
Svar #7

Utloggad Olle Andersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1081
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-03-22, 19:32
    • Visa profil
John!
Here a screendump of the area around Hungalsvik - just east of the city of Arvika.
If you want I can send via e-mail a more detailed and wider map from this DVD.

There is also a Google-map with Hungalsvik: http://www.maplandia.com/sweden/varmlands-lan/arvika-kommun/hungalsvik/

Olle

2008-08-01, 20:41
Svar #8

Utloggad John Hage

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Olle!
Thank you so much!  For my family history documentation I am trying to locate the area known as Hungalsvik Hagen, Ny, Värmlands län, on a map from a time period close to the time my great-grandparents lived there (1846-1897).  It would be great if the actual farm could be located as well (referring to the posting above by Chris Bingefors on 29 april 2008 - 20:16).  Does Hagen mean enclosed pasture land?
Thank you again!!
John H.

2008-08-02, 18:32
Svar #9

Utloggad Olle Andersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1081
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-03-22, 19:32
    • Visa profil
John!
I sent you an e-mail with more information.
And yes - you have the correct translation of Hagen.
Olle

2011-08-05, 22:32
Svar #10

Utloggad Moderator USA

• Moderator *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1328
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Transferred from topic Discussions in English/Emigrants

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna