ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Sjöman  (läst 611 gånger)

2015-04-13, 22:44
läst 611 gånger

Utloggad Karen Nichols-Rexwall

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 3
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-07-05, 22:25
    • Visa profil
Hi,
Im am new to this forum. I am looking for the fate of a merchant sailor (sjöman) who was matriculated at the Visby sjömanshus in 1841. There is an annotation in his home parish husforhorslängd saying vådliga omkommit 1847 which I understand as he met a violent death, or a not very good end at least. There is however no death or burial record in the parish books for him. If he was lost at sea, I can understand that there would be no burial record, but shouldn't there be at least a death record? I have looked at the church account books to see if the family paid for a memorial service or burial for him (in case he may have done something wrong and had a quiet burial) but there is nothing. I tried to see if a ship that he may have been sailing on could have sunk, but the ship registers don't seem to exist between 1815 and 1871 for Visby. The last reference in his sjömanshus matriculation record is what appears to look like se sailed to Gothenburg in 1844, But the information stops there. I have searched even criminal and prison records both in Gotland and Gothenburg but have not found him.

Does anyone know if there exists a list of ships which sank or were lost at sea? I expect perhaps the navy might have such records for military ships, but whata bout merchants ships?

Does anyone have any idea where else I might be able to look to find out the date and fate of a merchant sailor?
tack på förhand,
Karen

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna