ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Rudkvist / Rudqvist  (läst 3731 gånger)

2004-11-04, 19:51
läst 3731 gånger

Utloggad Lennart Hjerpe-Norgren

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 840
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-04-29, 08:09
    • Visa profil
Söker föräldrar till Sara Cajsa Rudqvist/Rudkvist född 1771-04-08(hfl)i Skillingmark gift med bruksförvaltare Olof Hjerpe.

2004-11-05, 16:29
Svar #1

Utloggad Jeff Benson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 158
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-10-12, 04:56
    • Visa profil
Hej Lennart!

I believe the parents of Sara Cajsa Rudqvist are Anders Rudqvist and Maria (Jensdotter) Bjurström. I have Sara Cajsa's birth date as 20 Oct 1774 in Säby, Stora Kil (St. Kil C:10, page 142).

I have been actively researching this family. You can find more information here:
http://aforum.genealogi.se/discus/messages/44/58993.html?1092682731

I have not done much research on Sara Cajsa and Olof Hjerpe but I did at some point locate their marriage record (but I can't find it at the moment).

I am very willing to collaborate on further research into these people. I am a descendant of a sister to Sara Cajsa, Elsa Lovisa Rudqvist.

MVH,
Jeff Benson
Minneapolis, USA

2004-11-05, 20:18
Svar #2

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Jeff
Thank you.I send you a e-mail.
/Lennart

2004-11-25, 18:47
Svar #3

Maria Klässbo

Dear Jeff,
I'm very glad I found someone interested in this Rudqvist family. You have written about Daniel Rudqvist who was a miller in Åmål Finserud. He married the millers daughter Cajsa Bergström 1809. Their oldest daughter Anna Märta born 1810 was my grandmothers grandfathers mother. I have a photo of her. They moved to the mill in Tollebol and later to Mo Kallskog where Daniel dies 1821 only 35 years old.
But I'm not sure of Daniels mother and father. I have found this family Anders Rudqvist and Maria Bjurström with a son Daniel in Frykerud Harsätter, Nor Trossnäs, Nor Bålberg and then in Eskilsäter Kjervinge. But in Kjervinge I lose the contact with Daniel and also with Sara Cajsa. His parents and their younger children moves to Botilsäter Råglanda. So I'm not sure.
There are other Rudqvists Daniel born 1725, Bengt born 1729, Halvard born 1733, Abders born 1738, Jonas born 1740 and Lars born 1741. I will try to find out more about them and see if I can find any connection between them.
Hope to be of any help
Maria Klässbo

2004-11-28, 06:33
Svar #4

Utloggad Jeff Benson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hej Maria!

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I am very interested in the Rudqvist family you describe.

I strongly believe that your ancestor, Daniel Rudqvist, is indeed the son of Anders Rudqvist and Maria Bjurström. I have found Daniel's birth entry in the church records. He was born 12 May 1783 at Bålberg, Nor (S) (Nor C:1, page 17). Does this date match your records for when Daniel lived in Dalsland?

It is very strange how Daniel disappears from the Hfl records at Kärvinge. If this is the correct person, I speculate that perhaps Daniel was apprenticed to become a miller. I am not able to easily confirm this because Genline has not yet put the necessary Åmål records on-line. Otherwise, I would try to work backwards to see where Daniel came from.

I have been working with Lennart Hjerpe to confirm whether his Sara Cajsa Rudqvist is the same person as the daughter of Anders and Maria. So far, it is unproved but still possible.

I too have found references to the other Rudqvists you mention. I think it is almost certain that Daniel (b.1725) and Halvard (b.1733) are somehow related to Anders (b. 1738, married to Maria Bjurström). All three men seem have connections to Västbro, Bro (S). Halvard especially pops up several times in the same places as Anders and Maria. In fact, Halvard died at Kärvinge, Eskilsäter at the same time when Anders and Maria lived there. I think Lars Rudqvist is also connected. I found Lars once with Daniel in By (S) and Lars died at Råglanda, Botilsäter the same year as Anders (1808). Maria died at Råglanda in 1813. The Bengt Rudqvist you mention I think is not related. It seems he may be a rote soldier from Rud, Kila (S) and Rudqvist was the soldier name for Rud. I don't know anything about Jonas.

I am very happy to collaborate on more research into these people. I am eager to figure out how all these pieces of the puzzle fit together.

MVH,
Jeff

2004-12-04, 14:32
Svar #5

Maria Klässbo

Dear Jeff,
my ancestor Daniel Rudqvist first appears in vigselbok marrying Catarina el Cajsa Bergström 1809-12-28 and it is written Finserud Åmål, but I don't find them there in the husförhörslängd. I have found here in Finserud A1:2 1798-1805 p30, A1:3 1805-1809 p 19 and there her name is stroken. Then I find both of them with 2 children in Tollebols mill in A1:4 1810-1815 p78 moving out to Kallskog mill in Mo 1813 A1:4 1811-1816 s9. In both these hfl it looks like Daniel is born the 11th of May in 1785 in Nor Werml. They live in Kallsko both in A1:5 p 88 and in A1:6 p89 where Daniel dies of breastfewer (found i the deathbook) 10th of April 1821, 35 years and 11 moths old. His death age is correct if he was born 1785. If he is the son of Anders Rudqvist and Maria Bjurström born in Nor there is not a totally correct match with that Daniels birth 12th of May 1783.
But I will now spend 2 hours trying to find out more.
Maria

2004-12-05, 06:36
Svar #6

Utloggad Jeff Benson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Maria,

It is my experience that the age at death in the deathbook is very frequently incorrect. Likewise, the birth information in Hfl records often is wrong, especially before 1850 and when the person moved between parishes. It is my opinion that the evidence you found -- 11 May 1785 birth in Nor (S) -- is very encouraging. I too will see what I can find in Nor birth records.

Jeff

2004-12-05, 06:55
Svar #7

Utloggad Jeff Benson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Maria,

I find only one child named Daniel born in Nor for the years 1780-1789: Daniel Rudqvist in 1783.

I still wish to track Daniel's progress from Åmål back to Värmland before I am 100% sure. But I think the odds are extremely good that we are right about the connection.

Jeff

2004-12-05, 15:26
Svar #8

Maria Klässbo

Hi Jeff,
two days of 2 hours each day and I think I'm just walking in your footsteps. I have now found all the Anders Rudqvist's children (10) in their birth records accept Olof, just like you have written.
The family move extremely often I think. I have noticed that they often live at the same place as persons with military professions, major, lieutenant and so on. Anders lives in Bro Västbro (1760 my first finding), Bro Stenborg, Sunne Rottneros, Stora Kil Säby, Frykerud Harsäter, Nor Tråsnäs, Nor Bålberg, Eskilsäter Kjervinge and Botilsäter Råglanda.
There maybe two cousins named Daniel, first the son of Anders born 1783 in Nor, then the son of Halvar born 1778 and also an uncle to then named Daniel Rudqvist born 1725. There must haave been many cousins named Rudqvist. Daniel had at least five children, Halvar at least two children and Anders ten.

2004-12-05, 18:45
Svar #9

Utloggad Jeff Benson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Maria,

Thank you for confirming what I have found about Anders Rudqvist, his family and their many wanderings around Värmland.

In this genealogy business I think we all follow in each other's footsteps to a degree. I would not have found the records for several of Anders' and Maria's children had not they been in the FamilySearch (LDS -- Mormon church) database. I owe the LDS and its members a debt of gratitude.

I did not realize the connection you mention between the places they lived and the homes of military men. I don't think Anders was in the army but maybe I'm wrong. I don't know what his occupation was. Can you tell me? I do know that two of Anders' daughters (Britta Christina and Greta Lisa) married two brothers named Hellgren who were both military officers (sergeants). A third Hellgren brother and sergeant (my ancestor) married a granddaughter of Anders & Maria. So, Anders seems to have at least social connections to members of the army. Most of the family connections (marriages) came after Anders died in 1811.

Adding to the confusion of men named Rudqvist in southwest Värmland, there is the village Rud, Kila with a soldattorp whose soldiers took the name Rudqvist. I don't think any of these soldiers are connected to the Rudqvists we are interested in.

Best Regards,
Jeff

2004-12-07, 17:43
Svar #10

Maria Klässbo

Hi,
I have asked a man namned Carl Johan Ivarsson for the family tree of that Rudqvist from Rud Kila the soldier. I have seen it but will look at it again and compare with my new findings. I didn't know about the Hellgrens brothers. Interesting. Have you published your family tree somewhere?
Last night I studied the two family trees containing Daniel Rudqvist on the Ancestory com. I'm not impressed by this Sandra Florio. I have never seen anything about a daughter Annika. But I plan to go to Åmål the week before or after Christmas and look in the födelsebok and so on. Not much of her other finding corresponds to mine. The tree published by Gavin McIntire I think looks better. But I'll check in ÅMÅL and after that I will try to get in contact with them both.
Best Regards,
Maria

2004-12-07, 20:06
Svar #11

Utloggad Jeff Benson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Maria,

I have published my family tree in Disbyt but it is now rather old. I recently sent DIS an updated tree but the changes have not been uploaded as yet. I expect the update to happen any day now since I sent the files about three weeks ago (they upload new data to Disbyt about once a month). If you look at the information today it is much less detailed and much of the Rudqvist family is missing (those that exist are also spelled 'Rudquist'). My tree is number 27105 in Disbyt. If you are not a member of DIS you won't be able to study my tree in detail but you can at least look up some of the individuals. I recommend becoming a member of DIS if you aren't one already. There is also another person who has submitted to Disbyt a tree containing Daniel Rudqvist and Cajsa Bergström.

Yes, the Rudqvist tree of Sandra Florio seems to have problems. If you can contact her, I would be interested to hear what she has to say about her information.

Regards,
Jeff

2004-12-12, 17:55
Svar #12

Maria Klässbo

Dear Jeff,
I have now asked for memebership in Disbyt so that I can look at your family tree.
I have found one Anders Rudqvist in A1:2 1755-1759 Lungsund Bjurbäcks rote s203. Doesn't say anything about him. Then I got the idea that maybe he met Maria there and that her father was Jean something and that the reason for her to call herself Bjurström later on was that she came from Bjurbäcken. Bäck and ström is very connected as words in Swedish. I tried to look for them in the hfl and for her in the födelsebok but with not so good results. There are a lot of Jeans in this area and I find combinations of Jean and Maria but I can't be sure. I have also found the family Anders and Maria in Bro 1:4 1765-68 s8 Gäddvik and Botilsäter A1:3 1794-1705 s 72 Råglanda. But most interesting also in Millesvik 1:3 1786-1790 s71. My idea was that the son Olof that none of us have found in any födelsebok could be born here. But I didn't find him in the födelsebok. Another idea with this is that there is still a winddriven mill in Millesvik. Maybe Daniel could have been working there as a millapprentice or what it is called in English. And there made contact that later brought him to Åmål and Finserud as a miller.
I have also noticed that the family is connected with wellknown families in many of the places where they lived for ex as faddrar when their children was baptised, families like Dufva in Bro, Bratt in Sunne, Möller and Kock in St Kil and Edgren in Eskilsäter.
If Lars Rudqvist was Anders brother he is written as gästgifvare in Råglanda.
All for now
Maria

2004-12-12, 20:02
Svar #13

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Maria och Jeff
Arrendatorn Anders Rudqvist från Stensberg och Maria Jan/Jeansdotter från Nedre Bjurbäcken vigdes i Lungsund 1768-10-16.
Det är allt jag vet just nu,skall försöka finna Stensberg.Återkommer om detta.
Och du Maria stammar väl från Klässbol?Jag har bott i Högerud invid kyrkan där.
/Lennart

2004-12-12, 20:35
Svar #14

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Maria och Jeff
Nu vet jag var Anders Rudqvist var arrendator.
Stensberg ligger söder om Liljedal och norr om Mässvik.VärmlandsBro ligger i närheten.Men detta visste ni kanske.
/Lennart

2004-12-13, 04:39
Svar #15

Utloggad Jeff Benson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Maria och Lennart,

THANK YOU for the new information about Anders and Maria. I am amazed at how you have found this so quickly. I would not have thought to look so far east as Lungsund -- they later always lived at parishes further west.

I have confirmed the marriage record of Anders and Maria in Lungsund. I am confident these are the right people.

Maria, I'm sorry but I remember now that you must submit your own data to DISBYT before you can fully examine my tree. When you join DIS, then they permit you to see the names of persons who submitted data. But DIS gives you a new password after you submit your own data to DISBYT. The new password unlocks the connections between members of the tree so you can then browse entire families of the persons you find. Fortunately, once you are a member of DIS, you only need to submit a fairly simple .GED file and they right away send you the new password.

Jeff

2004-12-13, 17:53
Svar #16

Maria Klässbo

Hi both of you Jeff and Lennart,
That's right my father comes from Klässbol in Stavnäs (S). I have a lot of information about my relatives in Stavnäs and Brunskog.
The Rudqvist family is on my mothers side. My grandmother was born Rudqvist. I havn't found any intrested in this part of my family tree before and I think it is so good to have found both of you, even if I'm not totally convinced that I have found right parents to my Daniel, the miller in Åmål, Mo. I will be glad Lennart if you would like to give me your e-mail adres.
Interesting that you have found them marrying 1768.
Have you Lennart found the son Olof in any födelsebok?
Maria Klässbo

2004-12-13, 19:09
Svar #17

Utloggad Jeff Benson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Maria,

I read your comments about finding Anders and Maria in Millesvik ca. 1786-90. I do think that is the place son Olof was born. I have found records of Olof and youngest son, Lars Fredrik, moving to and from Karlstad around 1807-09. Inflyttning records (Hfl too, I think) say Olof was born in Millesvik. Like you, I tried to find him in the Millesvik births but failed. I tend to not rely too heavily on inflyttning and Hfl records being correct about such details. But your discovery of the family living in Millesvik Hfl is very good evidence and suggests it could be right in this case, if not 100% certain. I have tried to locate Olof in every birth register for parishes located geographically between Eskilsäter and Nor without success. I'm beginning to think Olof is one of those rare instances of a birth falling between the cracks, as we say.

Also note that Genline has been adding records to Dalsland/Älvsborg lately. I expect more Åmål records to be uploaded soon -- probably within the next 3 months. It should then be possible to discover the early years of your ancestor, Daniel Rudqvist. I think your suggestion that Daniel was apprenticed (that is the correct word in English) to a miller is worth purusuing. It could explain a lot of odd things in the records.

You mention the family Kock with regard to Rudqvist children. Föraren Olof Uppström and wife Anna Lisa Kock are also my direct ancestors. A grandson, sergeant Olof Dell, married Rudqvist daughter, Elsa Lovisa. The Kock family is originally from Ö. Fågelvik. Olof and Anna Lisa lived in Stora Kil until Olof died but I haven't discovered what finally became of Anna Lisa.

One last question. What caused you to search for Anders Rudqvist in Lungsund? Or, did you find him by accident while looking for something else?

Jeff

2004-12-18, 15:03
Svar #18

Maria Klässbo

Hi both of you Jeff and Lennart,
I have found Anders and Maria in the marriage book and maybe it says he is from Stensberg. But I haven't found him living there until after the marriage A1:4 1765-1768 Bro (S) Stensberg p109. My earliest finding of him is still A1:3 1760-1764 Bro (S) Västbro p76 (S) or of if A1:2 Lungsund 1755-1759 Bjurbäcken p203 is before that. He marries in Lungsund 1768 and I don't know where he lives at that time and around that. Then I find both of them in A1:4 1765-1768 Bro (S) Västbro p63. There is another black box between A1:3 1786-1790 Millesvik (S) Ö Noltorp p71 and A1:3 1794-1795 Botilsäter (S) Råglanda p72.
In an e-mail from Lennart you say that Maria was born 1737-07-29 in Bjurbäcken with the parents Jon Jonsson and Lisa Larsdotter. I have looked in the birthbook but I'm not convinced. I have a lot of different birth years in hfl 1747, 1751, 1744 and 1745. It says in the deathbook that she died 67 years old 1813 and than she can have been born 1746 or 1747, but I don't think 1737. Then she had been one year older than Anders. Anders where when they married 30 years. Their youngest son where born 24 years after they married and she would then be 54 years. I don't belive it. I have not found here in Lungsund at all.
The reason I looked in Lungsund is that I found it in a book they have in Karlstad at Arkivcentrum, a register of familynames from hfl, deathbooks, birthbooks and marriagebooks before 1801.
Next week I'm going to Åmål to find out more about Daniel Rudqvist and his wife Kajsa Bergström, if she married the mastersmith Eric Stake when Daniel dies only 35 years old.
By for now
Maria

2004-12-18, 20:54
Svar #19

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Rudqvist
Maria din black box är att familjen flyttade hit och dit, de bodde bl.a. i Kil Lökene och Kil Säby.1774-10-20 föddes Sara Cajsa i Säby Kil s:n.Dock inte den Sara Cajsa jag letade efter,utan den Sara Cajsa som föddes 1771 i Lökene Kil med Halvard Rudqvist och Sara Boman som föräldrar,den familjen är mest intressant för mig.Tyvärr saknas 1771 i födelseboken men hon finns med i Hfl.Halvard är född i By s:n på Näset 1733-01-29 och har som föräldrar Olof Halvardsson-Annika Börjesdotter.Anders 1738-09-09 född i By
s:n har samma föräldrar som Halvard.Men än har jag inte hittat var i By s:n detta hände.Jag har följt Rudqvistarna i deras röriga flyttningar i dag och då sett en notis av den Olof född 1783 som Jeff eller du letade efter,han fanns med i Kil Säby(om jag minns rätt).Halvard-Sara hade också en son Olof född 1769-09-23 i Bro s:n.Liksom att Daniel 1725 hade en son Olof född 1767 i Bro,Västbro.
Min Sara Cajsa 1771 flyttade till Fryksdalen enl.Hfl Eskilsäter 1791-95 under Kärvinge.I Fryksdalen kan ju vara var som helst i mellersta Värmland.
Maria Bjurströms föräldrar skrev jag skall kollas så ta inte för givet,detta skall jag kolla när jag får tid,just nu jagas familjen Hellgren.
/Lennart

2004-12-19, 02:20
Svar #20

Utloggad Jeff Benson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Maria,

Lennart seems to have found some interesting things, possibly evidence for the birth of Anders Rudqvist with ties to Halvard and Daniel Rudqvist. I had seen before records that suggested Halvard Rudqvist was born in By (S) so that fits. And a son named Anders by the same parents in 1738 is a good sign. I think we need to figure out when and why these men took the name Rudqvist to prove they are the right people but otherwise I am hopeful.

You mention finding Anders as early as Bro AI:4 ~1764. That is my earliest record of him, except for the new record you found in Lungsund. I think the Lungsund record is probably earlier since that volume is for 1755-1763.

The black box you mention between Ö. Noltorp ~1788 and Raglanda, Botilsäter ~1795 is, as Lennart says, at Kärvinge, Eskilsäter. Halvard Rudqvist died there. Where I think we still have a black box is between Bålberg, Nor 1785 and Ö. Noltorp 1788. It still seems possible the family moved somewhere in those 2 or 3 years and that is where son Olof was born in 1786. I can't figure out where it might be, though.

More later,
Jeff

2004-12-19, 21:15
Svar #21

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Rudqvist Daniel

Jag vet inte vem av er, Jeff eller Maria som söker Daniel,men ta en titt i By s:n A:1:4 sid 13 GID 473.19.2100,sidan är visseligen skadad men står det inte Daniel Rudqvist i ena kanten.
Årtal är svårt att se liksom barnens namn, hustrun skrivs Maria.
/Lennart

2004-12-20, 05:00
Svar #22

Utloggad Jeff Benson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hej Maria och Lennart,

I found something very interesting. Look at Botilsäter (S), AI:1 (1764-70) sid. 87 Råglanda (Genline 469.10.117100) There you find Olof Halvardson, wife Annika and many children including sons Lars (f. 1742), Olof (f. 1760) and Jonas (f. 1762). I can't read Olof Halvardson's occupation. He also has another name that looks rather like 'Rudberg.' I don't know, look at and tell me what you think.

The family moves away ~1767 and I don't know where. If this is the parents of Anders, Halvard and Daniel Rudqvist, we already see some strong clues suggesting the relationship.

Also, I rechecked the births of Halvard and Anders Olofsson (potentially Rudqvist) in By. I think Halvard was born at Sjögerås, only a few km west of Råglanda. Anders may have been born at Råglanda but recorded at By church. A few months before Anders birth is another Anders born to father Jon Halvardson at Öcken, By. Öcken is very close to Råglanda. One of the witnesses is Olof Halvardson from a place that looks much like 'Ragana' to me.

Jeff

2015-11-10, 20:11
Svar #23

Utloggad Moderator Släkter

• Moderatorgruppen *
  • Antal inlägg: 1023
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-06-16, 23:05
    • Visa profil
Två inlägg har flyttats till Övriga Släkter - Rutqvist

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna