ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Newspaper death notices  (läst 926 gånger)

2013-09-02, 23:11
läst 926 gånger

Utloggad Eileen Cook

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 108
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-08-01, 01:40
    • Visa profil
Could you tell me if it was common to put a death notice, or even better an obituary, in the local newspaper in the 1920-1970 time frame?  If so where would I find old newspapers for the Torup, Halland region?
Thank you.

2013-12-22, 23:53
Svar #1

Utloggad Erik Mouwitz

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 126
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-02-05, 15:23
    • Visa profil
Hi Eileen!
I know this reply is very late, but maybe it can be of use anyway.  
Neither death notices nor obituaries were very common in the beginning of the 20th century, however they grew
in popularity after the Second World War.  
Death notices have usually been very brief, only mentioning the name of the deceased, date of birth, date of passing,
date of funeral, sorely missed by... etc.
Sometimes there is a short poem.

If you consult this list,(http://lgdata.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/docs/1829/319960/Mikrofilmade_t idningar_alfabetiskt.pdf) you will find many newspapers from Halland, i. e. Hallandsposten, Hallands Folkblad etc., that cover the time period you requested.
These newspapers sadly do not exist in digital form, but can be read as originals or as microfilm at Kungliga Biblioteket or Göteborgs Universitetsbibliotek.

//Erik

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna