ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Swedish public housing about 1934  (läst 891 gånger)

2014-01-17, 06:45
läst 891 gånger

Utloggad Mary Nelson Keithahn

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 81
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-01-17, 06:45
    • Visa profil
    • www.hymnsetc.com
I am looking for information about Solgårdarna which I understand were modern tenement houses built all over Sweden for the poor about 1934. I believe there was one in Karlshamn at that time.  Thanks for any information you can give me.

2014-04-10, 23:59
Svar #1

Utloggad Anna Scheutz

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 64
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-26, 15:07
    • Visa profil
    • scheutz.co.uk
Hi Mary
I didn't see this question until now. I believe Solgårdarna also were called barnrikehus which was tenement houses with flats for families with many children i.e. working class with little money but rich in children. I used to live very close to similar houses in Sorgenfri in Malmö for many years before I moved to UK. When I lived there they didn't use the name Solgårdarna (which was the proper name) rather barnrikehusen. Mary Andersson has written a book called Solgårdarna about growing up in these houses in Malmö. Sadly I don't think the book has been translated to English.
The flats had two rooms (typically one living room and one bedroom) and a bathroom and to live there the family had to have at least three children and that the income was below the annual minimum wage. Over 10 000 flats were built all over the country over a 10 year period. I hope this answer helps to understand this form of houses a bit more./Anna

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna