ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Women survivors and 1956 intestate wills.  (läst 1104 gånger)

2013-04-10, 10:06
läst 1104 gånger

Utloggad David Nilsson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 11
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-04-24, 05:34
    • Visa profil
Please can someone tell me:

In Sweden in about 1956, when a person died not having made out a will ( died intestate ), would all women survivors have exactly the same beneficiary rights as the men survivors, at least down to the level of nephews and nieces of the deceased?

David Nilsson.

2013-04-10, 16:32
Svar #1

Utloggad Ingemar Gollungberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1105
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-14, 17:40
    • Visa profil
As far as I can understand there was no differences between men and women as survivor when one  the two of a married couple died. There was other important differences however conserning the children and the survivor which have been changed after 1956. Theese changes are made mainly to get better conditions for the survivor in front of the children (they have together) who has to wait until both parents have died before they receive their inharitance share.

2013-04-15, 14:18
Svar #2

Utloggad David Nilsson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thank you Ingemar.
Please excuse my lateness in getting back to you.

I suppose I should have put my question more to the point, like:

If a person dies intestate, and the only survivors are nephews and nieces, were the females/nieces dicriminated against by some old beneficiary law, or did they just have equal inheritance rights, as in most countries?

I see in your answer, that you have not mentioned any different rights between male and female children, so I geuss it was the same rights for all male and female situations, that are of equal relation distance from the deceased.

Thank you again,  
David Nilsson.

2013-04-16, 12:50
Svar #3

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
David,  

Since 1845, male and female children have equal inheritance rights in Sweden.

2013-04-16, 13:46
Svar #4

Utloggad David Nilsson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Anna-Carin and Ingemar.

Thanks, knowing the above will allow me to confidently pursue a couplle of family possibilities.
I hope they will lead me to finding my Swedish grandparents, or alternatively put the families out of my mind.

Thank you very much,
David Nilsson.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna