ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Nora bergsförsamling EI:2 (1751-1774) - Translation  (läst 1547 gånger)

2013-07-26, 05:01
läst 1547 gånger

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 139
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-26, 00:49
    • Visa profil
Hi,

I can't understand the place name in a marriage record, on page 101 of this entry for Nora bergsförsamling in 1764. On May 28, 1764, Eric Frantsson married Maria Abrahamsdotter. Can someone interpret the area where Maria Abrahamsdotter comes from (ifrån right after her name)? Many thanks for your help. -John

2013-07-26, 08:33
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
I think it says Dalkarsberget, modern spelling Dalkarlsberget.

According to the database Svenska ortnamn this might be a place in now Viker parish, which before 1871 was a part of Nora Bergsförsamling.

2013-07-27, 03:45
Svar #2

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you Elisabeth, that looks correct now that you have helped me, and I believe I found her in Dalkarlsberget. However, it's a strange entry and the name of the possible father is hard to read. Can you make it out below? Thank you again for your help! -John

2013-07-27, 09:17
Svar #3

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
John, the name of the father is Abraham, and then his profession is given as konstvakten.

In those days they had a complicated system of pumping the water out of the mines, which was called the konst, and Abraham was the overseer of this.

It functioned roughly like this: in some stream or river they had a big water wheel, and from that they attached logs, that were connected to other logs over a distance, until they reached the mine. There the transmitted power was turned down in the mine to work the pumps, which were supposedly working day and night.

For its day it worked fairly well.

Maybe the enclosed picture will make it more clear.

2013-07-27, 15:26
Svar #4

Utloggad John Bentley

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 234
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-09-16, 21:10
    • Visa profil
Hi

Only idly browsing, but having spent many happy vacations going around the old mine fields in that region, though not Dalkarsberget.  I googled and found http://www.viker.net/naringar/gruvor/dalkarlsberg.htm  In swedish so you will have to suffer Google Translate for the meaning, but just the drawings and dates give an idea of the undertaking.  Impressive!

John

2013-07-27, 22:23
Svar #5

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Wow, thank you so very much, Elisabeth and John. This is fantastic information, and I would never had figured out that word and its meaning. Thank you for this great information! -John

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna