ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Östra Harg C:4 Deaths 1760-1821 - Reading & translating help  (läst 964 gånger)

2012-11-27, 19:22
läst 964 gånger

Utloggad Kathryn Stone

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 133
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-08, 07:34
    • Visa profil
I would really appreciate some reading/translating help with the following death records. Emanuel Larsson lost his wife and 3 of his 4 children in one month's time, and I would like to know about the cause of their deaths.

[color=0000ff]Östra Harg [Östergötland] C:4, Deaths 1760-1821, page 617  [435.20.91800][/color]
d. 1798  NOV 17  Catarina Jonsdotter [wife, about 39]
d. 1798  NOV 18  Brita Caisa Emanuelsdotter [daughter, about 6]
d. 1798  DEC 07  Lars Emanuelsson [son, about 12]  
d. 1798  DEC 25  Johanna Emanuelsdotter [daughter, about 10]

Emanuel Larsson later remarried, had 2 more sons, then died in 1831. His death record is also impossible for me to decipher. The record is lengthy, compared to most, and so I would be ever so thankful for a translation of that also.

[color=0000ff]Törnevalla, [Östergötland] C:4B, Deaths 1754-1853, page 814  [399.21.94100][/color]
d. 1831  NOV 21 Emanuel Larsson  [born 1759, Oppeby]

As ever, my most sincere thanks,
Kathryn

2012-11-27, 22:41
Svar #1

Utloggad Katrin Lundstedt-Enkel

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 250
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-11-21, 00:29
    • Visa profil
    • www.acurebio.com
Hi Kathryn!
What appalling hand writing the person in Östra Harg C:4 had. I´m sorry but I can only say that I´m unsure but it seems like Lars Emanuelson died of Magsiuka (in todays Swedish Magsjuka) (if I see correctly? This means stomach flu.  

Emanuel Larsson's death record was a little easier to decipher. It says Emanuel Larsson från Skafvesstad. född 9 December 1759 i Oppeby. Föräldr. Hemmansbr. Lars Persson (?) och hans hustru Brita Aina Palmgren (?). Gifte sig i Egeby Ö. harg med Cajsa Jonsdotter som dog 1798 å efterlämnade 5 barn af hvilka blott en nu lefver, nemligen Augusth. Magnus Emanuelsson i Linghem (?). Ingick nytt äktenskap 1799 med Rusth. dottern Anna Nilsdotter ifrån Måltorp (Miltorp?), Ö. Harg. Flyttade med henne 1800 till Skafvestad. Hade med henne 2nne söner Nils och Lars som äfven nu lefva. Dog av hetsig feber, begrafven den 27 Nov.

TRANSLATION
Emanuel Larsson from Skavestad (as the town is called today). Born 9th December 1759 in Oppeby (Up-willage) parents hemmansbrukare (I have looked up the word hemmansbrukare and it seems like it was a farmer that maybe rented the farm, not owning the farm himself but working it after paying rent or paying with labour) Lars Persson and his wife Brita Aina Palmgren (Palmgren means Palm (as in palm tree) and gren means branch). Married in Egeby Östra Harg with Caisa Jonsdotter that died in 1798 and then left 5 children of which whom only one now lives, namely August Magnus Emanuelsson in Linghem. Married again in 1799 with Rusthållardaughter (daugther to a Rusthållare a person that has a farm and provided the state with a soldier and a horse and all the soldier´s equipment and thus was exempt from paying some of the basic taxes) Anna Nilsdotter from Måltorp (Miltorp?), Östra Harg. Moved with her 1800 to Skavestad. Had by her 2 sons, Nils and Lars that also now is alive. Died of rapid fever (like influenza or pneumonia. It might mean “spotted fever” that is a type of Thypus) and was buried 27th November.

Hope this helps!

2012-11-28, 11:32
Svar #2

Bengt-Arne Andersson

For the wife 1798 NOV 17 Catarina Jonsdotter, could it be trånsiuka ?

2012-11-28, 14:13
Svar #3

Utloggad Magnus Hagelin

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 105
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-11-20, 08:32
    • Visa profil
...or brådsjuka (hastig sjukdom, sudden disease).

The cause of death in Brita Caisa's case is Krafwetan (kräfta, cancer).

Johanna's cause of death looks like gångbara sjukan (Epidemic disesase). Compare with the first death record on the following page.  
There was probably some kind of epidemic disease in the parish around that time.

2012-11-28, 14:55
Svar #4

Utloggad Magnus Hagelin

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 105
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-11-20, 08:32
    • Visa profil
Maybe they all died from the same epidemic disease. The symptoms might have varied a lot so they had a hard time guessing the cause of death.
It looks like Johanna is the first person with Gångbara sjukan as cause of death. On the following page there are several records with the same cause.

2012-11-29, 00:11
Svar #5

Utloggad Kathryn Stone

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 133
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-08, 07:34
    • Visa profil
Thanks everyone!

Looks like gångbara sjukan (Epidemic disease) makes the most sense.  
And thanks also to Katrin for the translation of Emanuel's death record.

Again, and always, I am so thankful for the help I receive from this friendly - and super-intelligent! - community of people,

Kathryn

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna