ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Alfheld Nelson (Nilsson)  (läst 765 gånger)

2000-11-20, 03:50
läst 765 gånger

carol nelson

I am looking for any information on Alfheld Nelson/Nilsson.  Death Certificate shows her to be born on October 5, 1884 in Sweden (possibly Oland).  She supposedly left Sweden around 1904.  She was the daughter of Andrew Johnson and Josephine Bergerson (not sure of correct spelling) also of Sweden. I wish I could give the county but alas I do not have that information. She died on October 23, 1915 in Chicago, IL. U.S.A. If you have access to any information, g'parents, siblings, children, date of departure, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for any help . . Carol

2000-11-20, 07:29
Svar #1

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Carol,

In the database of PLF I found an Alfhild Jane Elvira, born 1884, Oct. 5 in Högsrum, Högsrum parish, Öland, Kalmar county.
The parents was farmer Anders Peter Jaensson and his wife Josefina Johansdotter, 30 years old.

Regards/Sam Blixt/PLF/Oskarshamn

2000-11-20, 15:41
Svar #2

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Carol,

In the CD, Emigranten I also found that Miss Alfhild J E Jaensson, 19 years old, from Högsrum parish, went from the harbour in Malmö to New Yourk, 1904, April 8. The code on the Emiganten is 1904:694:1828.

Now we can say that this is what You are searching for in Your inquiry above!

Regards/Sam Blixt/Oskarshamn

2000-11-20, 18:04
Svar #3

carol nelson

Thank you Sam,

This indeed could very well be a start for a match for me.  Could you possibly find out for me if there is a tie-in between Alfhild and Anna Victoria Jaesson either of whom might have a brother Emil?  The only information I have on Anna Victoria is that she was born April 16, 1878.  Possibly in Stockholm.  Thanks again ... Carol

2000-11-21, 16:18
Svar #4

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Carol,  

In the CD, Emigranten I also found that a brother for Alfhild, Arthur J P Jaenson, 21 years old, from Högsrum parish, went from the harbour in Malmö to New Yourk, 1904, April 8. The code on the Emiganten is 1904:693:1827.  

Regards/Sam Blixt/Oskarshamn

2000-11-22, 03:02
Svar #5

Joyce Todd

I have a mix-up on emigration for Otto Pettersson via Göteborg.  There may have been two Ottos, or I have  possibly made a mistake!  From the 1900 Cook Co, IL Census Otto was born May 1861 Sweden (possibly Askersund, Örebro). I thought he left Sweden 1882 and his future wife Wilhelmina Andersson, born Feb. 1860 Askersund, emigrated 1880, both to Chicago. It also said Otto naturalized 1875!! Whoa! Something is amiss.
Am trying to find their exact birth dates & where born so I can find their parents' names, or is that how it is done? Otto's one known brother Frans Gustaf Oskar Pettersson born 14 Dec 1851 Askersund, but that year very incomplete in records, and no possible father for Wilhelmina. It could be the patronymic system?
Am trying to read Födde bok for Askersund.  Unfortunately it only gives father's name and a date, not the child's name, or so it looks to me,  
so I have a possible Wid Barndop har Arbetaren Lars Gustaf Pettersson famlades May 19, 186l and
one other possible father.  
If someone can help  on the emigration problems I will really appreciate assistance and suggestions.

2000-11-22, 05:52
Svar #6

carol nelson

Once again I thank you Sam.  I will try to look further into Alfhild and Arthur Jaensson. Alphild was my husband's father's (Oscar Fredrik Nilsson) 2nd wife.  His first wife was Anna Victoria Johnson, born April 16, 1878 supposedly in a suburban town of Stockholm, Sweden. This is the only info I have on her except for her date of death but that happened here in U.S.  Would it be possible to find any information on her?  Were there siblings?  And also is Johnson the Americanized form of Jaesson?  Or are these two seperate family names?  I thought perhaps Alphild and Anna might be related.  Appreciate your help.  Carol

2000-11-22, 14:41
Svar #7

Joyce Todd

EXCUSE ME, PLEASE
So embarrassed!  Posted in wrong place!

2000-11-28, 08:44
Svar #8

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Carol,

In the CD - Emigranten and the database of PLF i have found additional information.

There is an another brother for Alfhild, who emigrated 1905, May 5, from Malmö to New York.
His name was Anselm Justinus Gustav and was born 1886, Oct. 11 in Högsrum, Högsrum parish.

The parents, Anders Peter Jaensson and his wife Joefina Johansdotter, married 1878, June 21 and have at the least got eight children.

Regards/Sam Blixt/PLF/Oskarshamn

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna