ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Blix(t), Sven, Mälmo?,1842  (läst 671 gånger)

2000-09-09, 23:00
läst 671 gånger

JackBurns

The facts I have are as follows:

1. His name in the US was Swan Blex, but I assume    it was Sven Blix or Blixt in Sweden.  
2. He was born about 1842.  
3. I have one reference that says he was from        Mälmo, but I don't know if he was born there.  
4. Oral history also tells me he had been in the     Swedish Navy and was stationed in the far north    region.  
5. He emigrated to the US in 1869, possibly as a    crewman, and possibly disembarking in Quebec,    Canada.  
6. I believe his father's name was John, which is    interesting because it is not Swedish, but that    may just be the Anglicization of his name.  
7. His mother's name is believed to be Marie.  
8. He moved to Illinois, then to Kansas where he    homesteaded.  
9. He had a sister whose married name was Esther    (or Hannah)Angstrom.  She lived in Osage City,    KS.
10.  By 1872 he had married Johannah Hvass from    Laske-Vedum parish, but it is not known if he    knew her in Sweden.  
11.  The Laske-Vedum Husförhörlängd 1779-1800    shows a Jonas Blix married to Lena, but no    children named Sven, and on the next page, a    Sven Blix born in 1800 with wife Castrina and a    son named Sven, with no birth year shown.  They    do not appear in subsequent volumes for 1800    and beyond.

If this information matches anyone you have in your records, or if you can provide any helpful hints about how to proceed with my search, then please contact me.

Jack M. Burns
21 Ocean Ave.
Salem, MA 01970
hm: 978 745 3563
wk: 978 921 9558
jburns@ieee.org

2000-09-10, 14:07
Svar #1

Roland Johansson

There are some persons on the Emigrant CD who might be them:

Swen Johansson, 28 years old, from Vedum parish.
Emigrated 1869-04-30 with a ticket to Princeton.  

Johanna Hvass, 36 years old, from Vedum
Selma, 1 year, from Vadstena, Östergötland.
Emigrated 1871-06-09 with a ticket to S:t Peter.  
No explanation to who the child was, or why she has another parish.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna