ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: CD Emigranten lookup please, new emigration date 1878  (läst 732 gånger)

2000-10-13, 14:21
läst 732 gånger

Ishbel Cormack

The 1910 US census says that August J Landeen, born May 15,1855 in Sweden emigrated to the USA
in 1878.Would someone please look him up on Emigranten CD under the following names.(He changed his name on going to the USA.The family think it was Johan August Andersson but have no proof.)These are some possibilities.
Johan August Andersson
Johan August Nelsson
August John Landin
Jonas August Landin

I am having much trouble finding where he was born in Sweden. The first information I have of him in the USA is his marriage to Susanna Charlotta Anderssson 1889 in San Diego.
Thank you
Ishbel

2000-10-13, 19:15
Svar #1

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Ishbel,

I have found a Jonas August Nilsson, born 1855, May 15 in Brobygget, Ukna.

I have also find that a Jonas August Nilsson emigrated from Stjelkhammar, Ukna 1878, Nov. 4, to N. Amerika.

It can be the same person, but You must check in the books of Ukna, but I think that You may have the microchips, because You have so many relativs from Stjelkhammar.

Regards/Sam

2000-10-14, 07:04
Svar #2

Ishbel Cormack

Sam: Thanks, your answer reminded me that I had received word about about this person from you before and after that I found  Jonas' birth record.His father was Nils Carlson and mother Anna Charlotte Lind.  August Landeen's death record lists Nels Landeen as his father and Margaretta as his mother. Jonas is the best lead I have had. I  may still have the Husförslängd 1876- 1885 and it may show if he returned to Sweden in that time.
. If Emigranten CD could tell me his destination I may be able to pick him up in the USA. I am checking passenger lists for that year and will go on to early 1879 as well.So far no luck.
Yes,Lind and Stjelkhammar have connections to his wife's family.Unka is next door to Hannäs
I'm not getting anywhere with this part of my search. I am trying very hard to find August's US naturalization papers but there is a gap from 1878 to 1888 that we know nothing about.
 Have you any ideas what I might do in Sweden?

2000-10-14, 18:55
Svar #3

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Ishbel,

If You have the Husförslängd 1876- 1885 You can see if Jonas August Nilsson, b. 1855, May 15 in Brobygget, Ukna has emigrated to Nord-Amerika or N. Amerika or Amerika from Brobygget or from Stjelkhammar.

You can also look if there is some other Jonas August Nilsson in Brobygget or Stjelkhammar.

Regards

Sam

2000-10-14, 21:49
Svar #4

Ishbel Cormack

Sam: I will check to see if the LDS library has that film. Some of my Ukna ones were sent back to Salt Lake City by mistake so I may have to reorder. I appreciate your taking time to answer.

Ishbel

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna