ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Edlund-Richard, Sigurd and Ben  (läst 621 gånger)

2000-03-16, 19:43
läst 621 gånger

Donna Corlett

I am trying to locate information for the father of Sigurd and Richard Edlund and I would greatly appreciate some help.  
The information that I have is as follows:
Their mother was Maria Johanna Sjöberg (sister of my ggm-Edla Kristina Hedberg). Maria was born in 1885 in the parish Bjurholm in the county of Västerbotten.  
Maria apparently married in Sweden before emigrating to Canada. It is my understanding from a family source that the gentleman she married was Ben Edlund. I think it is probable that his  given name (Ben) might have been Canadianized after emigrating...perhaps it was Bernhard...or ?    
Maria and Ben had two boys (Richard and Sigurd) and while they were quite young (approximately 5 and 7 years of age) Maria died of TB. Apparently after her death Ben shot himself and died. Family talk/belief was that although it was supposedly an accident-he may in fact have taken his own life considering his circumstances. After his death, the two boys were taken in by Edla (Maria's sister) who had also emigrated to Canada.

I really hope that someone can help. I would like to know (if possible!) when and where the marriage of Maria and Ben occurred, Ben's personal information (full name,time and place of birth), when they emigrated, if either of their children was born in Sweden....

Regards,
Donna Corlett

2000-03-16, 22:43
Svar #1

Utloggad Bibi Gustafson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 213
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-03-01, 22:30
    • Visa profil
Donna!
I have no info on this family. However, Bengt would be a more likely Swedish name that would have been changed to Ben.

Regards,
Bibi

2000-05-26, 23:03
Svar #2

Donna Corlett

Hi!  I have found Sigurd Edlund here in Canada!!  He is now 82 years old (and fabulous!!).  
He has provided some additional information that I did not have before.  Bernhard Edlund's children (Richard, Sigurd and two twins whom passed away very young) were all born here in Canada.  Their father Bernhard Edlund was apparently from a place by the name of Svensköp-as family there sent cards/letters of which Sigurd still had a few with a postmark of Svensköp.  He also recalls that his aunt (Edla Krisitna Hedberg) wrote to at least one relative in Svensköp (a sister to Bernhard?) before and after his father Bernhard's passing in 1924.

Sigurd also found his father's marriage licence.  Bernhard Edlund married Maria Johanna Sjöberg here in Canada on November 12,1915.  The licence noted Bernhard's parents as Abraham Edlund and Kristina Andersdotter.

I know that Maria Johanna Sjöberg emigrated to Canada in 1910...but neither Sigurd or I are aware of when Bernhard emigrated....or definitively where Svensköp was/is?!!  I have checked the gazetteer and believe it was (is) part of Skåne county.

Any help or additional information that may come as a result of this new information would be very much appreciated!!

Kind regards,
Donna

2000-05-26, 23:47
Svar #3

Utloggad Torbjörn Norman

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1384
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-07-08, 22:32
    • Visa profil
Hallo Donna
Svensköp is a parish in Skåne about 10 Swedish mil north-east of Malmö. In Hörby kommun.
Hälsningar Torbjörn i Björklinge

2000-05-27, 01:37
Svar #4

Donna Corlett

Torbjörn: Hello to you too!  Thanks yet again for your assistance. I really appreciate all your kind efforts!  

Best regards,
Donna

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna